Today's Activity

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jgrden

Jgrden

Take a look at these mis matched pens. One is a Pine Cone top and the other is Ebony. Had to do something with the spare top parts so they got mounted onto a couple different sized bullets.

Pens - 1-13-11 Bullet Pine Cone Ebony B.jpg

Pens - 1-13-11 Bullet Pine Cone Ebony C.jpg

Pens - 1-13-11 Bullet Pine Cone Ebony.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Drstrangefart

Pine cone varies in difficulty depending on how you do it. You MUST have very sharp tools and a VERY delicate touch no matter how you go about it, though. I like both of those pens, bullets are a favorite of mine by a wide margin. The ebony looks a LOT like one I did with leather for my personal carry pen when I have a job that I could carry it safely to, or when I go back to school. Excellent work.

jttheclockman

Hi John

I don't know what compels me to do this all the time but I am once again going to critique the photo backdrop. I know people just love getting artsy but they really don't know how to pull it off and I don't either. Your backdrop just takes away from your great looking pens. The eye starts focusing on all the shapes of the rocks and is drawn away from the pens. They get lost in there. Please just take this as an outsider's observation.

Good job with the pens by the way.

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
There's pens in there? I bet they are really nice ones, I just can't see them for the stones!:biggrin:

Jgrden

Hi John

I don't know what compels me to do this all the time but I am once again going to critique the photo backdrop. I know people just love getting artsy but they really don't know how to pull it off and I don't either. Your backdrop just takes away from your great looking pens. The eye starts focusing on all the shapes of the rocks and is drawn away from the pens. They get lost in there. Please just take this as an outsider's observation.

Sheesh, I drove down to the river and hand picked all those rocks. I cleaned them, stacked them, threw out the wrong sized rocks and kept the good ones. I drilled holes in them and epoxied the bolts and then bolted them together.

Yes, I understand what you are saying, but when the LOML said "try this honey", I choose to retain peace and harmony. Got it??

Heh,heh,heh.

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Hi John

Sheesh, I drove down to the river and hand picked all those rocks. I cleaned them, stacked them, threw out the wrong sized rocks and kept the good ones. I drilled holes in them and epoxied the bolts and then bolted them together.

Yes, I understand what you are saying, but when the LOML said "try this honey", I choose to retain peace and harmony. Got it??

Heh,heh,heh.
Hi John; Sometimes you just have to say "Honey, I love you so very much, but this time you are wrong!":laugh::laugh::biggrin:

jttheclockman

Hi John

Heh,heh,heh.

Gee I think I would look for new

"
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
'
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
" "
"
"
"
"
"
"
'
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
"

"
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
"

Rocks:biggrin: What did you think I was going to say???

phillywood

John, nice work, but you need to give us the old folks with vision problem a little break. As for as wife I know after 28 yrs tomorrow you have to keep peace, but on the other hands you only show her the pic she likes to see and show us the one you think we can distinguish from the back grounds:biggrin::tongue:. Now, i have to go to the Dr. ans ask for a different strength eyeglasses.
Aside all this very creative and good work.

Jgrden

Hi John

Heh,heh,heh.
Hi John; Sometimes you just have to say "Honey, I love you so very much, but this time you are wrong!":laugh::laugh::biggrin:
Heh, heh, heh, Oh well, what can I say. :tongue:

owlelope

pine cone pens

I want to try some pine cone pens. I understand that southern Georgia is a good place to find the ones that work the best for pens. I am headed down I75 in late February or early March. Where would be a good place in Georgia to pick up some pine cones fairly inexpensively? Is there any place else that would have good sources for pine cones?

Rod

Top Bottom