Today was TRU(ly) a good day

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

I was lucky enough to get a few of these blanks from Seamus the other day and here's what I made of them. This is the first time seeing these blanks up close and they truly are amazing! My hat's off to you Seamus. My job was fairly simple with these....turn, polish, & assemble. The finish is MM to 12000 and polish with PlastX. Thanks for looking and for any comments made! Edit....Oops, forgot to post the other pix!

First is a Rhodium/Blk Ti Jr. Majestic:

100_3832543x700.jpg
100_3835618x700.jpg
100_3850618x700.jpg

Closeup and raw blank:

100_3840700x639.jpg
100_3829700x233.jpg

Next is a Marksman Fountain pen (Oh, and I'm keeping this one!):

100_3854607x700.jpg
100_3862637x700.jpg
100_3866594x700.jpg

If yall could, let me know what you think of the orientation of the quarter on the body. I have the nib lined up with the clip and I wanted to have the quarter visible while writing so I centered it with the clip. Like?/Dislike?

Closeup and raw blank:

100_3864700x633.jpg
100_3830700x273.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seamus7227

Well, first of all, my comments will be a bit biased, but WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!
Those turned out fabulous! I thought your alignment looks fine. Very well done!

ps. i love the play on words with your title!!!LOL

Last edited:

Brooks803

Well, first of all, my comments will be a bit biased, but WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!
Those turned out fabulous! I thought your alignment looks fine. Very well done!

ps. i love the play on words with your title!!!LOL

Thank you Sir...lol, you didn't even give me enough time to send my text telling you to check out IAP!

hewunch

Hey you two, get a room. :biggrin:

Seriously, great work, both of you. I hope the marksman is still around come the 5th of November.

marksman

Man! Those look GREAT!!!! I have a new pen that I did tonight but I think I'll wait and post it tomorrow...or next year :biggrin: Tough act to follow. Great job Jonathon!

Seamus, the blanks look amazing! The color of the blue is captivating. Excellent Job!

Tru(ly) great looking pens. Needed my sunglasses for the hot pink on but that Marksman is cool I need to get one of those. Seamus (sorry I do not know your actual name), how do you get a thick quarter wrapped around a tube and not have a big bulge when the pen is finished?

Bill Sampson

Jonathon,
The state quarter blanks from Seamus are stunning!! I have turned Virginia and Ohio blanks from Seamus and they are everything I expected them to be and more. Both are on carbon fiber. My picture skills are so poor, I'm embarrased to put them on the IAP.
I spoke the Seamus several days ago about putting a Virginia quarter on a Marksman. You have shown how great it will look.

Bill Sampson, Richmond

Buzzzz4

Hey you two, get a room. :biggrin:.

Isn't this the second time Brooks is being told to get a room here?

Kidding aside, Those pens look fantastic! Nicely done to both of you. The pink is way too hot to handle and you better keep a tight fist on that blue one if I ever have the privelege of meeting you.

Brooks803

Thanks everyone for the kind words! They both turned out better than I imagined they would. Thanks again Seamus!

Hey you two, get a room. :biggrin:

Seriously, great work, both of you. I hope the marksman is still around come the 5th of November.

Oh...it'll definitely be around Hans. For me to part with this one someone would have to part with some serious cash...then I'd buy another blank/kit and make myself another :tongue:

Man! Those look GREAT!!!! I have a new pen that I did tonight but I think I'll wait and post it tomorrow...or next year :biggrin: Tough act to follow. Great job Jonathon!

Seamus, the blanks look amazing! The color of the blue is captivating. Excellent Job!

Don't hold back Mark! There's nothing to worry about, besides, I wanna see it! With this kit (oops, I mean components!) being so new we've yet to see what all types of materials will look like with it.

Hey you two, get a room. :biggrin:.

Isn't this the second time Brooks is being told to get a room here?

Kidding aside, Those pens look fantastic! Nicely done to both of you. The pink is way too hot to handle and you better keep a tight fist on that blue one if I ever have the privelege of meeting you.

Tell ya what Eric, when we have that privelage I'll let you hold mine as long as I get to hold your 9/11 tribute pen at the same time :cool:

D.Oliver

Wow those pens look great. I really like that blue one. Nice work Jonathon, and your pictures at top notch as usual.

Top Bottom