Today’s Bullet Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Sataro

Sataro

Finished up this batch of .308 bullet pens today. Had a customer order of 10 that I need to ship out tomorrow. Already had 6 made, so decided to make a few extra for any last minute sales.

Attachments

• 5AC0B9DA-665E-4C89-9B3B-7E113DAE5C9F.jpg
    5AC0B9DA-665E-4C89-9B3B-7E113DAE5C9F.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 310
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RangeRat

I really like the look of those. Have made a few for myself and friends. How do you secure your tubes? I'm currently filling the casings with pr and drilling/glueing them in and wonder if there is a better method.

Dieseldoc

Finished up this batch of .308 bullet pens today. Had a customer order of 10 that I need to ship out tomorrow. Already had 6 made, so decided to make a few extra for any last minute sales.

Billy: Very nice lookers. Have question on pen clips, who supplies them or are you using them from a kit?

Cheers

Charlie

Sataro

I really like the look of those. Have made a few for myself and friends. How do you secure your tubes? I'm currently filling the casings with pr and drilling/glueing them in and wonder if there is a better method.

I'm using thick CA to glue my tubes in. I've thought about soldering them in but CA has been working with no issues so I see no reason to change.

Sataro

Billy: Very nice lookers. Have question on pen clips, who supplies them or are you using them from a kit?

Cheers

Charlie

Thanks Charlie! I just buy copper pen kits from Wood World in Dallas area. My pens are not authentic bullet pens as Les mentioned earlier. I use a copper pen nib for the bullet so it is not authentic bullet. But they are quicker to make & I have no problems selling them.

Sataro

Nicely doe.
Ever thought of using actual bullets for nibs to make an authentic rifle cartridge pen?

Les
Hello Les... Been a while. We have talked before about using real bullets. I have tried real bullets out, but this method is so much simpler. I guess it depends on the market. I remember you telling me that you couldn't sell any of these in Canada where you are at. Here in Texas I have no issues selling these. But I do admire your real bullet pens. You do great work!

Billy

Sataro

Nice. Your customer will get a real bang out of them. I'm with RangeRat here. How???

Easy to make. Knock the primer out of the rifle casing. Drill out end of casing with 9/32 drill bit. Slimline brass tube is nearly perfect fit. Place thick CA glue on both ends of brass tube. Insert brass tube into rifle casing. I then use a pen blank insertion tool to center brass tube in neck of casing before it sets up. Stand rifle casings upright & let glue set for 24 hours. After glue sets up, I use a bench belt sander to sand off the excess brass tube sticking out of the top of the casing. Mount on lathe & buff with steel wool. Polish with brasso while on the lathe. Insert slimline parts. Completed bullet pen...
(Hardest part of process is knocking the primers out. I use to use a hammer & punch to knock the primer out. I now use a small bullet reloading press. Really simplifies the job.)

RangeRat

Thanks for the info, Billy! That definitely sounds a little easier than the way I've been doing it.

Top Bottom