Titanium Twist Fountain Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from btboone

Status
Not open for further replies.

btboone

Wayne, fair enough. The titanium is so inert that I can't solder to it or weld it without leaving marks, so I went with the screws. OMAS has done a few pens with screws, so I didn't think too much about using them. I counterbored slots for them to reduce the height. Space is so incredibly tight inside that there are very few other options. Being that the clip is on the underside of the pen, it is not noticed as much. One option might be to make a desk stand. It could be a titanium piece somewhat shaped like a large Hershey's Kiss and would stand the pen up vertically. The pen wouldn't need a clip in that case. As Anthony mentioned, maybe not many people would use a clip. Let me know what you think of doing something like that, or maybe give the customer the option?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wayneis

I think that would be an excellent idea Bruce. With a pen like that I have to believe that for most people it is going to be an investment so I don't think that they would be carrying it around much. You have to remember that this pen is going to fetch some serious money.

Wayne

mik

The Orchard, Milton Lane, Wookey Hole, Somerset, U
Originally posted by btboone
<br />Hi Mike, yes it could probably work in wood, although it would be a tough project. Some of the parts here are pretty thin, so it might have to be a bit thicker, but it could probably work. It would have to be turned similar to the way I did it with the stalk left attached so that the blind end can be supported. The trap door parts will be tough in any material.

That might be something for me to try too. If only I had a source for some good olivewood... [:)]

OK, Bruce, how much do you want!![:)][B)][8D]

woodscavenger

I picture a stand of some fantastic wood with a couple of titanium posts coming out for the pen to lay sideways on. I think that would show the pen off more.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Nicely done, Bruce! I'm with Shane, though...I was thinking of a bit more wood with titanium fittings. I'd want that pen to SCREAM in my display case! [8D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom