Titanium Clicker

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Mapster

Mapster

Titanium on a Black Titanium CSUSA Clicker. First time making the kit, and first time with titanium. Turned like a dream thanks to the help of Mike Roux's (Bluwolf) metal lathe. Definitely in my all time top 3, and possibly my favorite pen I have made. Also, special thanks to Mike Redburn (mredburn) for a cobalt drill bit and Chuck Hutchings (dalecamino) for moral support :biggrin:. Hope you all like it as much as me! All comments appreciated

Attachments

• titaniumclick.jpg
    titaniumclick.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 705
  • marshall.jpg
    marshall.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 455
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Marshall, I'm glad you posted this pen. It is a fantastic instrument. I was floored when you put the pen together. Now, we ALL have to turn one. Great job.

Mapster

thanks, I saw a long click blank that Dalecamino had and I knew I was going to like the kit. Pair up a long blank, a simple kit, and a good click and you have yourself a winner! Probably my favorite kit also, simple yet elegant

bluwolf

I'm still struggling with the fact that you made a titanium pen on my lathe before I did. Even my better half asked, how did that happen? I was comforted by the fact that if we screwed it up, we screwed up your pen not mine:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: But it did turn out nice. Looks great with the Black Ti.

Jim Burr

Banned
Big wow factor Marshall! I'm still hunting for a metal lathe on CL that doesn't look like is was used on WW1 tanks. Your simple and elegant is on the $$!

Mapster

I'm still struggling with the fact that you made a titanium pen on my lathe before I did. Even my better half asked, how did that happen?

My better half said one day, "I want to make an awesome titanium pen, I should talk with Mike..." And that half was right! I got it going, now it is your turn to run away with it.

Thanks for the comments, I will try and keep up the good work, but this will be very tough for me to top... I think I need a metal lathe before that can happen

PenPal

Marshall, Better than cycling on one wheel Ill bet.

You know what I really find pleasing is the use of those fine grooves they relieve what could have been a bland pen IMHO, suits the clicker and sends all the required messages that when you depart from the normal do it your way.

Kind regards to you and your mentors.

Peter.

Mapster

Marshall, Better than cycling on one wheel Ill bet.

You know what I really find pleasing is the use of those fine grooves they relieve what could have been a bland pen IMHO, suits the clicker and sends all the required messages that when you depart from the normal do it your way.

Kind regards to you and your mentors.

Peter.
Thanks Peter, I thought the lines were a necessity. Puts that little extra twist on the pen. I see you found my other hobby... Unicycling is a good time, don't know what is harder though :wink:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Thanks for the comments, I will try and keep up the good work, but this will be very tough for me to top... I think I need a metal lathe before that can happen

Actually all you need is the next design. I believe you have had at least one invitation to use a metal lathe as you need it when you need it.

Jgrden

You are quite the machinist. I tried to make a Titanium pen on the wood lathe using wood chisels. Sheesh, what an event. Took a week. Lost 6 chisels.:eek: I wound up holding ice cubes under the titanium:cool: and the chisels in the ice bucket. Finished three, MY LAST THREE. :frown:

PenMan1

GREAT PEN, MARSHALL! Titanium is the "new" material of choice for many of my customers and you made this simple little design look fantastic!!!!!

WELL DONE!

Top Bottom