T'is anuther three

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SDB777

SDB777

It's another three day weekend....I know, you don't want to hear it:biggrin:. Then again, I will be having a lot of them at the job I just started!:eek:

So, with the lawn too wet to mow(I weed-whacked it), and the oil changed in the car....I had some free time today! So I had a few drilled blanks sitting on the bench, ready to go!

First one: Crosscut Eastern Red Cedar(with a small knot) on a chrome Jr. Gent I rollerball

Second one: Crosscut Wild Black Cherry crotch on a chrome Jr. Gent I rollerball

Last one for today: Crosscut Pignut Hickory with no spalting on a chrome Jr. Gent I rollerball

Sanded to 400grit, EEE friction'd and then waxed! Comment & critique's very welcome!

Scott (poor guy had another three day weekend) B

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Scruffy

The Cedar comes out..

a very pleasing surprise. I really like it. I may look for some with figure. Thanks. Outside cedar chests and fence posts cedar doesn't seem to get much attention.

Marc

Scott (or should I call you 3 day?), your photography is always so good. You consistently do an excellent job of showing great shots of the pens you make. Also, and almost of course, great job on the timber and the hardware. I specially like the cherry.

robutacion

Great job you did on those...!

I particularly like the first pen and the wood used, I can't understand (well, I do but I don't agreed) why Eastern Red Cedar is seen as "rubbish" wood and something that, has little value, like the Pine tree species in almost every country I know...!!!

I know that the USA has plenty of it but, does quantity/availability deters from the wood quality and beauty...??? I think not but, that's just me...!

If the term "Fire-wood", would be a perfect match to the wood appearance when finished like this, this would be a perfect example...!

Cheers
George

Last edited:

ironman123

Scott those are outstanding blanks and pens. You have done another set of great pens. My question is where do you keep getting those Jr Gent I pen kits from? Most I find are Jr Gent II.

Ray

SDB777

Scott (or should I call you 3 day?), your photography is always so good. You consistently do an excellent job of showing great shots of the pens you make. Also, and almost of course, great job on the timber and the hardware. I specially like the cherry.

I just may have to use that...hmmm?
Yes, the new job is four days a week, pretty tough life for a fella that likes working around the house on the weekends. At least I can spread out everything I need/want to do....or go fishing:eek:

P.S. I really like that Cherry too! Now that I see what becomes of the board I cut, and the way it was cut to get to that grain....I'll definitely be trying to achieve that look more often!

Scott (weekend are made for penmaking) B

SDB777

Scott those are outstanding blanks and pens. You have done another set of great pens. My question is where do you keep getting those Jr Gent I pen kits from? Most I find are Jr Gent II.

Ray

Check out www.timberbits.com David is a great guy, the last order I did arrived at my door in four days! And the prices would be hard to beat anywhere(free shipping on $80 or more)

Scott (shameless plug for David there) B

Top Bottom