Tiny pocket fountain pen (kitless)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from AWLogue

AWLogue

Hi all! I challenged myself to make a bespoke pen out of a single 5" acrylic blank, and succeeded! Here's the end result:

oOBz56R_zpsfzqvpd5c.jpg

QWSKneQ_zpsoytpjfc8.jpg

mcjIfXM_zpsvrw2q9jm.jpg

It has a Jowo #6 nib unit. Overall length is just under 5" when posted, and 3.5" when capped. I left it with a comfortable satin finish.

Let me know what you think!
-Aaron

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Lovely pen ... very nice work !!!! . Congratulations !!!!

But what does "bespoke" mean in this context ? :redface::rolleyes:

Also, where did you buy the Jowo #6 nib unit, please ?

Last edited:

AWLogue

Did you know that we have a kitless pen contest going on right now? This is a nice piece of work.

I did know that; I'm working on something special for it.

Lovely pen ... very nice work !!!! . Congratulations !!!!

But what does "bespoke" mean in this context ? :redface::rolleyes:

Also, where did you buy the Jowo #6 nib unit, please ?

Thank you!
Bespoke meaning "made to order." I'm the one who "ordered" it, and I made it to my desires.

I got the unit from fpnibs.com

BobGast

Nice pen. and sorry to hijack but zaqdesigns, Basset Hound is my absolute favorite kind of dog. We had one once but the dog we currently have was given to us and since my wife does not want anymore animals once he is gone I probably will not ever have another as much as I want one. Now I feel guilty that is a really cool pen. Does it have brass tubes? What is the filling mechanism?

Last edited:

TonyL

I think it is one of the few pens that feels good in one's hand when posted. Nice workmanship!

AWLogue

Nice pen. and sorry to hijack but zaqdesigns, Basset Hound is my absolute favorite kind of dog. We had one once but the dog we currently have was given to us and since my wife does not want anymore animals once he is gone I probably will not ever have another as much as I want one. Now I feel guilty that is a really cool pen. Does it have brass tubes? What is the filling mechanism?

Thanks!

It does not have tubes. It can be used either as an eyedropper or with cartridges.

AWLogue

That is a great looking pen. Do you have to do any special internal work to use it as an eye dropper. Again, that is a great looking pen.

Nothing particularly "special" is needed. However, you should keep the section-barrel interaction as clean and flush of a fit as possible, to keep it watertight. It's also probably a good idea to use a silicone grease on both the nib and section threads.

Top Bottom