The "Tinder Box"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Janster

Janster

..was in business when I moved to Nevada in 1967. I recently acquired a "large" bag of Cigar Bands. There were two within from the Tinder Box. Being that the business is still operational I wanted to complete a pen. I was told by a Cigar aficionado that the " Wild Mustang" blend was manufactured for only two years and the bands are somewhat rare? This is the design I came up with. The lower and upper bands on the pen were actually from the "wings" off the band that wrapped around the cigar. I cut then off and used them on the top and bottom in place of totally losing them around the pen. Also, the tube employs and genuine tobacco leaf covering. I had quite a few failures along the way but it turned out nicely, IMO....Be well.......Jan

Attachments

• DSC_0129.jpg
    DSC_0129.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 394
  • DSC_0130.jpg
    DSC_0130.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 350
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Jan, although I am not a cigar smoker, these just keep getting nicer and nicer!

Well done!.

Now you need to pair them with a "Cigar Illusion" closed end :):wink:.

Marko50

The "Ranch"

Great job Jan. You probably are holding your technique for the tobacco leaves close to the vest...?:cool:

I especially am fond of the 'Wild Mustang' pen.

I used to live in Reno and worked for Reno Air. The "Wild Mustang" has many connotations, aka the "Mustang Ranch", all the wild mustangs in the area and there is an aviation navigation approach into Reno called the "Mustang One" arrival and another called the "Mustang Two" departure. They are both based on the ground navigation facility located out by the (you got it...) Mustang Ranch. Too funny!

Great work as usual. Your craftsmanship has evolved and is cutting edge now. Awesome.

76winger

Nice looking pen!

I remember the Tinder Box in the center of the mall I used to frequent back in the late 70s / early 80s time frame.

79spitfire

I remember that store as well. They tore the mall down and it's been a big empty lot for a number of years now.

Gregf

Great job Jan. You probably are holding your technique for the tobacco leaves close to the vest...?:cool:

I especially am fond of the 'Wild Mustang' pen.

I used to live in Reno and worked for Reno Air. The "Wild Mustang" has many connotations, aka the "Mustang Ranch", all the wild mustangs in the area and there is an aviation navigation approach into Reno called the "Mustang One" arrival and another called the "Mustang Two" departure. They are both based on the ground navigation facility located out by the (you got it...) Mustang Ranch. Too funny!

Great work as usual. Your craftsmanship has evolved and is cutting edge now. Awesome.

There was also a "Mustang" exit from the freeway.
I stopped and took pictures, had a beer at the bar across the road.
Honest that's all.

Top Bottom