• Dichro1.jpg
    Dichro1.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 619
  • Dichro2.jpg
    Dichro2.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 391
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Russianwolf

Well, this is the culmination of about a year and a half of working on this technique. Failures are now 1 in 10 or so instead of the 2 in 3 that I had at the beginning. This one had a tiny bit of brass showing on the lower barrel, which doesn't jump out as much since Dichro has a metallic look already, but I didn't want to send it off (and I wanted to turn a Churchill, the thinnest kit I think I've ever made)

And the pics STILL don't do it justice.

Russianwolf

More Resin arrive yesterday and a fresh batch of Dichro will arrive tomorrow.

Painted up some tubes today, but I need more.

looks like I'm going to be busy over the next couple weeks. :biggrin: And here I've been trying to get to bed at a decent hour.

Thanks for all the kudos guys. Its been a fun process getting these right. Have some other ideas I'll be working on also.

firewhatfire

Well isn't that just neat looking. Who would of thought about glass. I have an idea about how to do that. I am almost certain it is wrong. But it does give me another idea.

Russianwolf

Well isn't that just neat looking. Who would of thought about glass. I have an idea about how to do that. I am almost certain it is wrong. But it does give me another idea.

I wasn't the first to do Dichro, that credit goes to Dawn. I've just taken it in a slightly different direction. More turner friendly. If you go down this path, good luck, only took me about 3 years to get all the kinks worked out (and still have some crop up).

Top Bottom