Time To Jump In

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mlconnelly

mlconnelly

I have been a member for about 18 months but this is the first picture I have posted. Guess I haven't had the nerve up to this point. At the time of joining I had been making pens for a couple of years but had recently experienced a bad fall that put me out of action. I ended up being out of the shop for over a year. During that time I did a lot of reading and certainly enjoyed following things here on IAP. I am finally back in the shop on a limited basis so I thought I would try something new. This is a cigar modified into a finial twist (Thanks Jeff Powell for the great library article on how to do this!). I figured I would use some dymondwood as it turns easily. And I used a piece of lignum vitae for the clip retainer. Sorry for the poor photo. Photography skills are one of the next things on my list. So here we are guys, let me know what you think. And thanks to IAP for being such an encouragement to me while I was laid up trying to recover.

Attachments

• dymondwood finial twist.jpg
    dymondwood finial twist.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 342
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Mike - I'm thinking you should have been posting pics a long time ago. Love your creativity. Photo skills ain't too bad, either. Only suggestion is to put the "pen stand" (nice choice, by the way) on a solid background. The tiles are distracting IMHO.

Looking forward to seeing more.

mlconnelly

Thanks Ted. I guess I should have been posting sooner but I was a little intimidated. Thanks also for the photo tip. I definitely have a lot of work to do in that area.

tgsean

Great pen mike, it doesn't look like you've been out of action at all. It must feel good! Good on you mate

Top Bottom