Time To Get Back To Furniture Making

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jim in Oakville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I’m enjoying the pin chucks I bought from Fanger a lot, well maybe too much!

These are the last two I am going to turn for awhile.

Furniture making is my passion and the summer is my season so it’s time to make some furniture in my shop. Last night I put away all my pen supplies, tools and boxes till later this fall.

This first pen is a natural box elder burl, solid end on a Junior Gentlemen’s kit. It had some natural checks and voids in the blank that I left in tack but supported with thin CA while I turned it.

2006614135036_IMG_5528.jpg

2006614135055_IMG_5522.jpg

This last one is a spalted curly maple on a Gentlemen’s kit. I have tried a square tail and a fish tail design on my solid end pens, but I am more into the rounded cigar shape I think…

2006614135114_IMG_5529.jpg

2006614135133_IMG_5524.jpg

Anyway, I’ll be around, just not displaying pens much this summer, but I might toss up some furniture as I finish it on the Casual Forum..

Again, Hope to meet some of you in Louisville at the AAW…
[8D]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jerryconn

They are both beautiful, I like the maple but I think I prefer the shape of the first one. I am working on my first closed end pin right now so this is great inspiration!

Thanks Every One,

I do like the box elder, but the maple will be my user as a fountain pen I think.

I enjoy this forum very much, many thanks to Jeff for his hard work to Keep IAP afloat, I appreciate it very much.. and many thanks to all of you for support and inspiration...we are a sharing community and I know that I am where I am now becasue of the great support I have received here.

[^]

Dario

Jim,

I forgot to post that your style (pen shapes) inspired me a lot and I am actually trying to copy some of them but I know it will take some to time to get it right.

Hope you still post regularly...even just to BS with us [;)][:D].

Originally posted by Dario
<br />Jim,

I forgot to post that your style (pen shapes) inspired me a lot and I am actually trying to copy some of them but I know it will take some to time to get it right.

Hope you still post regularly...even just to BS with us [;)][:D].

Dario my friend, Copy away anything I do, if I inspire you at all I am pleased....

BS??? me..?? [;)][;)]

LOL[:0]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom