Tiger's eye Sold. Does it resemble at all?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alxe24

Status
Not open for further replies.

alxe24

I sold a few stone pens to a cutomer and now he wanted a tiger's eye. I had no clue as to what it looks like and after searching the web this is the closest (MIGHT STILL FAR) I think I will get.
As far as the kit goes, I know a lot of people don't care for the back finial. I can't tell why [?] but I really favor this kit a lot, more than the gents, I love that finial, don't shoot me for the comment [B)]
Here it goes.

200722391216_Tiger-E-01.jpg

200722391248_Tiger-E-02.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

angboy

I guess I'm not familiar with this kit- what's the name of it? (Sorry if it's in there and I missed it). I like the solid color center band. I wonder if maybe the black finial looks really good b/c there's black in the blank? With the blank having black and yellowish/amber tones, it's a great match with a gold with black kit. But I can see why it might be hard to get it to match other colors of blanks.

twoofakind

Check in the classifieds under "cat-a-log", ed4copies has some tigers eye blanks if IIRC. Nice looking pen either way, I will have to try a few of those.

Andy

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Thanks for the plug!!

I do have a very limited amount of "tiger-eye", it is not in the "Cat" alog, but send me an e-mail telling me that is what you want and I will forward info.

Came from a plant that blew up in Italy (that's the story I got, no real evidence) about 1998.

baldysm

Originally posted by alxe24
<br />I got from CSUSA, and if I can recall correctly it is call antique gold.

I think you are correct about the name. It is from CSUSA. There is a blue of the same type of pattern. The blue has been discontinued and is no longer available. I suspect the same with the antique gold.

alxe24

Thanks to all for your nice comments, now it is time for the customer to like it as well. I think he will

Scott. I hope the did not discontinued the blank, it does make an interesting looking pen.

Angboy/ Penmonkey. The kit is the Havana from CSUSA. The thing I noticed is the clip on the gold kits some times is send with different clips. The one on this pen I like, the other one they have I don't care for.

Tanner

Beautiful pen Alex!! I have a couple of the antique gold blanks. Now I'm afraid to turn one as it will not stand up to the great job you did.

alxe24

Tanner I went to your photo album and you can put my pen to shame. They look great.
Thanks for your complement though, I guess I found a good combo pen and acrilic blank.

TAld

Alex - Made a pen, pencil, letter opener, magnifying glass and perfume atomizer out of the same type blank for my sister-in-law for her birthday. She was almost in tears saying how beautiful it was.
Soon as I finish getting camera and photo box ready I will post pixs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom