Tiger Stripey Custom Acrylic FP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from drgoretex

drgoretex

Hi folks.

Here's one I just finished off, a tiger stripey acrylic custom FP with a MeisterNib Medium steel nib.

IMG_5575.jpg

IMG_5578.jpg

IMG_5581.jpg

IMG_5587.jpg

IMG_5589.jpg

IMG_5590.jpg

IMG_5592.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Ken

wiset1

I've never been clear on this so perhaps you can help. Creations like this...do you use a brass tube or turn it without? Just wondering how that works while still supporting the structure and putting weight against the material...? Thank you kindly

IPD_Mr

I love the black eye on the top of the cap. While the material is stunning, the craftsmanship is outstanding. One to be very proud of.

drgoretex

Thanks for all the compliments - much appreciated!

Gorgeous!

How do you get the thread grooves so shiny?

Lots of WD40 while cutting the threads, along with slow cutting. Seems to work very well for acrylic.

I've never been clear on this so perhaps you can help. Creations like this...do you use a brass tube or turn it without? Just wondering how that works while still supporting the structure and putting weight against the material...? Thank you kindly

No brass tubes. I use a piece of dowel in my collet chuck cut down to the inside diameter of the cap or barrel, ie a jam chuck. I try to turn as much of the piece as I can with the end supported by the tailstock, then cut it free and gently finish the end.

Cheers,

Ken

seamus7227

I'm not sure why this one stands out the most to me, but all i can say is that is truly a work of art. Maybe its because you took some awesome pictures that show every little detail and the fact that you took the entire pen apart so we could see everything. Either way, EXCELLENT JOB! thanks for sharing, you should have entered that in the contest! You would have given ol' Justin a run for his money:biggrin::biggrin: Made that worry factor go up cuz his competition just got harder! You people that make these dang pens like this just truly amaze me!

drgoretex

I'm not sure why this one stands out the most to me, but all i can say is that is truly a work of art. Maybe its because you took some awesome pictures that show every little detail and the fact that you took the entire pen apart so we could see everything. Either way, EXCELLENT JOB! thanks for sharing, you should have entered that in the contest! You would have given ol' Justin a run for his money:biggrin::biggrin: Made that worry factor go up cuz his competition just got harder! You people that make these dang pens like this just truly amaze me!

Thanks very much, Seamus, I really appreciate that!

Ken

Top Bottom