Thuya Burl Majestic Jr.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Made it this A.M. It's Thuya Burl on a Majestic Junior Rhodium/22K plated Rollerball. Enjoyed making it. Comments welcome but most of all thanks for looking! Back to work....Doc:).

Attachments

• Thuya Burl Majestic Jr._2.jpg
    Thuya Burl Majestic Jr._2.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 230
  • Thuya Burl Majestic Jr._1.jpg
    Thuya Burl Majestic Jr._1.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 266
  • Thuya Burl Majestic Jr..jpg
    Thuya Burl Majestic Jr..jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 317
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Padre

Doc, your early morning forays are always so awesome! That is a beautiful pen.

Does the turning wake you up? :biggrin:

jttheclockman

I agree awesome pen as usual. I see you like the majestic line of kits. Are you in favor of the pimp crystal or not??? Do you sell your pens or are these keepers??? If you sell them what do the customers think of the pimp crystal??? Thanks for showing.

David Keller

Nicely done, Doc. Everytime I see thuya burl I think of the smell... It smells like a pencil sharpener to me!

wiset1

sharp looking pen and I love the lines. The Majestic Jr. kit with the 22kt gold adds a nice touch. Can't really go wrong for the price; however, I did have one show up without a crystal in the clip...guess it was a fixer upper

wizard

I agree awesome pen as usual. I see you like the majestic line of kits. Are you in favor of the pimp crystal or not??? Do you sell your pens or are these keepers??? If you sell them what do the customers think of the pimp crystal??? Thanks for showing.

John, Thank you for the compliment! I do like the Majestic line of kits, particularly the Majestic Junior. The Majestic Juniors are easier to use for most people. Some of my earlier pens were with the full size Majestic Fountain Pens primarily because they were on sale at Rockler for $19.95 each. So I went ahead and bought the 12 kits they had:rolleyes:. I now get them from PSI. I wish Exotics would carry them ( hint..hint :biggrin:). As far as the pimp crystal, in my opinion, it depends on the material that you use with the kit. The crystal seems more fitting with some Tru-Stone and Burl woods.
John, I don't really sell my pens. I give them as gifts but the majority remain, a little less than two hundred, and are now occupying a lot of stands and fill a bookcase. Needless to say, my wife and family are very supportive of my hobby and are encouraging me to start a website. However, I am pretty clueless on how to go about doing it. My son, 22, who has started turning pens and is more business oriented, last week started a Facebook " local business" page under "Wizard Pens" with pictures of a lot of my pens. I've told him he could sell them if he wishes. So far, he has sold six to a friend to give as Christmas gifts to his employees.
I have pretty much saturated my family and friends with gifts of pens. I have to actually shop this Christmas:eek:.
I apologize if this was more information than you wanted to know.:rolleyes:
Regards,
Doc

aggromere

Very nice. I don't get many thuya blanks but I think it is a beautiful wood and it looks great on that kit.

el_d

Great Job Doc.

All your pens look great.

I would love to be your friend.:wink:

Keep em coming. You shoot these thing out so quick, your a regular assembly line with the craftsman touch.

robutacion

Well, well...! I though that I was the only one from the owls family but appears that I've got someone else that produces the best work after dark and late at night...!!!:eek::biggrin:

The pen looks pretty "chick" and if is not going to be a present/gift, will sell well no doubt...!

Welcome to the "night owls club"...!:wink:

Cheers
George

wizard

Thank you for all the kind comments. However the deserving party is really all of you on IAP for all the teaching, sharing of knowledge, challenging me to improve skills all tempered with constant encouragement and comradeship.
I am proud to be a member. Regards, Doc

Top Bottom