The Three Presidents

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dancrafted

Status
Not open for further replies.

dancrafted

Here are better pictures of the El Presidente pens. Please comments are welcome.

2005717232823_thuyapresident.jpg

Thuya Burl.

200571723292_buckeye.jpg

Buckey Burl

2005717232952_amboyna.jpg

Amboyna Burl.

When cap posted on the end, these pens are very large but very well balanced. The bushing create some funkey angle when turning. When I assembled the first one I thought they where crooked. But ends up they just take some getting use to. All and all I enjoyed turning these new kits and look forward to BB's next offering.

Thanks for looking. I have thick skin so tell me what you think.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Very nice pens... nicely shaped and finished
still not sure I like the look of the kits especially the end of the bottom barrel, but then again I said the same thing about the Atlas until I turned one and saw it up close and personal... [;)]
Then again it might make the perfect beginning for a large solid body pen...

Be careful with having thick skin, someone might want to try to wrap some of it around a tube & put in resin.[:0] Great looking pens. My personal preference if the BEB.

Fangar

Those look very nice. Very nice woods. Your photos look very clear, but the rose tones are a little dominant. Are you using a rose colored bulb by chance?

I have made several of those. I agree with Griz though as far as the look of the finished kit. I have had several people ask me what the end piece was for. The kit does not look finished at the tail end. I have several of the kits left, and have been thinking about a closed end design myself.

Thanks for the look.

James

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom