Three Personal Casts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from tkbarron

tkbarron

The rain woke me at 5 AM this morning so I figured it was as good a time as any to turn some pens. So, here are three from my personal casts.

First is a red WW burl blank combined with a gold/black TT Gatsby kit. The grain in the wood has lots of figure.

Second is a blue WW burl blank matched with a black TT cigar kit. I'm really happy with this one in particular...reminds me of an old world map.

Third is one of my new "Gator Bites" in lavender matched with a chrome Triton rollerball kit.

Thanks,

Tom

Attachments

• Gatsby.jpg
    Gatsby.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 291
  • Cigar.jpg
    Cigar.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 347
  • Triton View 1.jpg
    Triton View 1.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 370
  • Triton View 2.jpg
    Triton View 2.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 261
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

Not a looser in the bunch! I would have a hard time picking my favorite even though blue is my favorite color. The Gator bone is outstanding.
Charles

tkbarron

"They look great! I like the Gator in purple. Did you use PR or Alumilite?"

All my casts are in Alumilite. Thanks!

Tom

Great looking pens but it was not the rain that woke you up, its because you are like a kid at Christmas and could not wait to see what was inside each one of those castings..:biggrin:

toyotaman

Awesome looking set of pens. I would be proud to own any of them myself. I think I would like the purple Gator. That one stands out. Great job.

PenPal

Motivation comes from anywhere but real quality blanks, a steady hand, careful choice of kit and colour wins every time. The sound of rain is good we here are having the mildest summer with lots of storms as well.

Tom the red WW burl amazes me with its empirical richness, beaut blending of high quality, subtle richness, fit for Royalty.

Blue is true softness, glows and flows fusing the properties well. That lower barrel is outstanding coupled with the abstract top half shape makes it smooth as.

Gator bites no longer becoming a tribute to the beast and maker, be proud with all three excellent, well presented masterpieces, yes It is a sincere attempt to say thankyou for showing, raising the bar in casting with taste.

Kind regards Peter.

renowb

Those are fantastic Tom! Nice job! I can't say which one I like best, well, because I like them all!

tkbarron

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. Peter, you are quite the poet. I wish I had you around as I suffered through my English classes in high school!

I'm one who can't draw himself out of a paper bag so I have to rely on other sources for self expression or inspiration. So it's either nature itself or the fine turners here at IAP.

Can anyone spot the lion's face in the wood of the lower barrel of the blue WW pen? My wife and I saw it like kids spot animal shapes in the clouds.

Thanks,

Tom

its_virgil

Nice work all the way around. You can be proud of all of them...especially the purple gator...no haze in that purple! The worthless woods are nice also. I can't say it as elegantly as Peter but I agree with his assessment.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Top Bottom