Three Patriot Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy

I was given this wood just last weekend and sure did like the figure in it. Can you guess the wood? I will give you a big hint and make it easy, I live in Texas. If that doesn't help you can always look at my gallery.:D

Image Insert:
20048824030_patriot4.jpg

49.85KB

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jbjwood2000

Very nice pens Randy. i grew up in southwest Texas. my parernts place is covered in mesquite. hope to get a bunch in october when we visit. keep up the good work!

Randy

Don
I live in Arlington and try to turn as much as possible. Joined the North Texas Woodturners late last year. They meet in Fort Worth the last Thursday of every month. It has been a world of help to me. Especially in learning how to sharpen my tools.
I like Mesquite as it shrink evenly as it drys, but it does require a dusk mask. It tears up my sinus' if I don't wear a mask. Finding some with promising figure is tough to do though. I picked this pick up from one of the founding members of the club and if I can work around the cracks and bug holes there is some beatiful grain. I was very pleased with the results. Hope you enjoy the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom