Three New Pens for a Custom Order

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Glen Schumann

Glen Schumann

One of my regulars wanted three pens made with specific request for the materials.

They are a Statesman Desk Pen in Gold and figured Mahogany, a Southwest Pen in Antique Pewter and Southwest Color Grain and an Olynpian Elite II in spalted Tamarind.

I used BLO on each in an attempt get the figure and color to pop more than with just a WTF finish. It was not as successful as I had hoped.

The Southwest is a very substantial pen with a good deal of heft. I like it. It did have a small machining problem that required some drill work to fix which I will report to PSI. The refill would not fit through the part to which the transmission threads until I worked on it.

The Olympian is a lightweight mostly plastic pen, but the spalted Tamarind looks good with it.

C&C welcome. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMGP5532 GlensWorkshop Etsy statesman rollerball desk pen rhodium gold figured mahogany.jpg
    IMGP5532 GlensWorkshop Etsy statesman rollerball desk pen rhodium gold figured mahogany.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 276
  • IMGP5544 GlensWorkshop Etsy southwest ballpoint pen antique pewter sothwest color grain.jpg
    IMGP5544 GlensWorkshop Etsy southwest ballpoint pen antique pewter sothwest color grain.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 279
  • IMGP5550 GlensWorkshop Etsy Olympian rollerball gold spalted tamarind.jpg
    IMGP5550 GlensWorkshop Etsy Olympian rollerball gold spalted tamarind.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 285
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Nice order Glen, and I know that the Customer specified what he wanted.
The Statesman Desk Top, in Figured Mahogany is Terrific.
The Southwest Pewter, in Southwest Colour Grain, is not to my conservative taste. The pewter pen is fairly busy in it's own right, and the Southwest Colours Grain, pushes it over the top.
The Olympian Roller Ball, in spalted Tamarind, looks somewhat under stated. The Olympian, IMHO requires a Stronger, Bolder Coloured Blank, to match the strength of the Kit.
As I mentioned, I know the Customer stated what he wanted, and you have fulfilled his requirements Beautifully.
My comments are based on my Taste, and could be way off with a lot of people.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Congrats on your order Glen; The pens look great, I know your customers are going to love them. I think the WTF worked out well.

Top Bottom