Three Metro/Virage Rollerballs

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from kyaggie

kyaggie

Hello all,

Here are three Metro/Virage rollerballs. This is the first time that I have used this kit and I'm really impressed with the hardware, shape of the nib and overall shape/size/taper of the barrels. I think it will step up to my favorite goto rollerball kit.

The first is Ancient Kauri flanked by Irish Bog Oak, the second is Irish Bog Oak flanked by Bloody Basin Jasper Trustone and the third is Cherry Burl. The finish on all is walnut oil followed by Wood Doctor's Pens Plus followed by Wood Doctor's Microcrystalline Wax.

As an aside, the segments are separated by aluminum that came from a blue Budweiser Light can that is shaped like a bottle. As I'm trying to show in the last picture, it's maybe twice as thick as the aluminum in a regular soda can. So if you haven't tried it, there's potentially a new resource for you,

Mike

Attachments

• KauriMetro.jpg
    KauriMetro.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 203
  • IBOTSMetro.jpg
    IBOTSMetro.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 201
  • CherryBurlMetro.jpg
    CherryBurlMetro.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 216
  • IBOTSAlum.jpg
    IBOTSAlum.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 173
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ossaguy

Wow,those look great!

I need to learn to do the aluminum segmenting.On my list of things to do...

Steve

walshjp17

Gorgeous pens. Metro/Virage is one of my new favorites as well. I like the idea of the bog oak accents -- good use of the cutoffs.

Sataro

Great looking assortment of pens! Fantastic work on the segmenting. That cherry burl really grabs my attention though.

Top Bottom