three kings for Christmas

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Trapshooter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trapshooter

Just finished these three statesmans I traded for 4 new Goodyears on the wifes minivan. I have part of a post made of walnut that my dad's grandpa gave him, with BOW stripe. Cherry burl with oil and wax finish and the last one is made from pipemakers material. Still learning on the photos, I have a better camera now.
Thanks for looking.

2005122215150_walnutbow.jpg

2005122215255_cherryburl.jpg

2005122215356_acrstates.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Trapshooter

Originally posted by wdcav1952
<br />Good job, Scott. Which pipemaker acrylic is that one?

Thanks, I am not sure, I think it is Brown.... I will check when I get home and edit the post. It is not Amber Ripple type, I have some that I have not turned yet and it is real translucent.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Michael,

That's what I thought, thanks. I did one Sierra with it and hated it. After talking with Lou I painted the inside of the blank and the tube with satin black and got a result similar but not as nice as Scott's, perhaps in part because the acrylic remaining is rather thin.

Rather than hijack Scott's thread in any way, I will post mine separately.

MDWine

I have some over at JimGo's, and need to make arrangements to pick it up before he uses it... on the other hand, he probably wouldn't blow it up like I would...

It sure makes a pretty pen, tho!

Trapshooter

Originally posted by DWK5150
<br />Very nice. Did you paint the tubes on the pipemakers one??
Thanks, I used Kyrlon primer (rust colored). I put a coat hanger through the blank and set it on top of a cardboard barrell, overspray stayed inside the barrell and it dryed pretty fast. Some posts I have read say they like to use same color as blank. I just had white and primer in the shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom