Three Cracks and you are "OUT"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from maxman400

maxman400

Lucky for me it only Cracked twice during assembly, same end same piece of hardware. After the second end cracked, I checked the size of the coupler and it was bigger than the other end so with a little sanding and little fineness it went together. This is red Corian with B/W/B pickguard and White Corian that has been wet sanded through 4K and plastix polished on a Chrome Zen. Third Time's a Charm.
Comments Welcome, and Thanks for Looking. :biggrin:
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Zen 1.jpg
    Zen 1.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 526
  • Zen 2.jpg
    Zen 2.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 523
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wizard

Max, That looks great! Love the color combination. Your persistence definitely paid off big time. Thanks for sharing. Doc

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Nice segmenting Max. I've never used one of these kits. I'm curious about the sanding. Where exactly did you have to sand to eliminate the cracking? Great recovery though. It looks good.

maxman400

Nice segmenting Max. I've never used one of these kits. I'm curious about the sanding. Where exactly did you have to sand to eliminate the cracking? Great recovery though. It looks good.
Chuck I wish it was just a little sanding on the blank, I actually had to cut the whole segmented end that cracked completely off and install a new piece of red with pickguard in it's place (twice). The sanding was done on the coupler where it presses in to the tube. After checking them with a caliper one coupler was slightly larger than the other even after sanding, it still pressed in real tight.

Last edited:
Top Bottom