Three in Chinese Pistachio

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from clewless

Status
Not open for further replies.

clewless

Got the wood from Big Rob (Thanks, Rob) It doesn't look like much when turning it but I've found it to be very attractive when finished. Hit a soft spot in the Atlas and ruined the profile in the blink of an eye:(.
2006527155041_Chinese%20Pistachio.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BigRob777

Joe,
Thanks for posting this. I just sold my last pistachio, because of this post. Actually, I kept one blank for myself and one more for you. Was this x-cut, or straight-cut? Did you have to fill any worm holes? I haven't mastered that yet.

So, did you pattern your atlas after me? If so, it isn't fat enough. LOL
Rob

Pipes

Originally posted by BigRob777
<br />Joe,
Thanks for posting this. I just sold my last pistachio, because of this post. Actually, I kept one blank for myself and one more for you. Was this x-cut, or straight-cut? Did you have to fill any worm holes? I haven't mastered that yet.

So, did you pattern your atlas after me? If so, it isn't fat enough. LOL
Rob

Yap he sure did SOLD it to ME LOL... Those pens look GREAT with that wood great job !! Now if I can do half as good on mine [:I]

http://affordablepipes.com/

clewless

Thanks guys! I think I'm getting the hang (mostly) of the CA thing thanks to James (Fangar) and Don Ward's articles.

Rob, I think they were both straight and x-cut.

Tried a short piece on one of those torpedo shaped purse pens at LOML's request and suddenly the worm hole turned into a burrow.[xx(]

Tried filling and patching but it ended up looking like a booger on the side of the pen...it went into the trash and I cut down a tube for a replacement that turned out ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom