Three Artist Pencils

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Gary Max

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Max

These are becoming one of my best selling items. It is from CSUSA and called a Artist Pencil. Made three of them today---Red Mallee--Cherry--and Ebony. I was so dang happy that the ebony made it that I tried something different---Flat black.

2006313234015_pencil3.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

smoky10

Nice pens Gary, but as you know all you have to do is wait for the ebony to crack- tomorrow, next week, or next month. I hope you beat the odds and it doesn't crack.[;)][:D]

KenV

Gary -- I am just jigging up on turning some of those. The instructions call for epoxy setting the threads into the wood.

I also have the "woodworkers pencil version which uses tubes. I noted that the threads on the artist version threads into the tubes nicely (yes, the tubes are thick and one is threaded). I am drilling the lower portion for the threaded tube and avoiding the epoxy setting the threads.

Are you finding the drilling a finished 4 9/16 blank to be a challenge? That is a long way with the bits I have.

Love the look of the ebony -- you keep the bar high.

Gary Max

Ken drilling just got easier over here--I just bought a nice floor model drill press.
Personally I do not glue the treads in place---heck I have never had one come loose yet.
There's a funny to these three pencils.
All the same price---first one to sell.
----Cherry---

KenV

I went back and checked the instruction sheets - I was close but no cigar --

CUSA sells three variants on this 1/4 inch pencil. Artist, woodworkers, and deluxe wood workers.

The woodworkers pencil is the "tubeless" one - the deluxe woodworkers has a center band and tubes. The lower tube is threaded. The artist has the long tube and bushing with threads.

There are a bunch of mix and match combination with these. but I like the long-dude appearance of the single piece of wood. I just grind off the center band when I want a one piece grip. That works with the PSI 2mm pencil too.

Sorry for creating confusion above --

KenV

You will get no laughter from me -- I agree!! and it looks better than sticking a nut on the pencil so it will not roll away.....

and Cherry is nice, but that would not have been my first choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom