Three Art Deco

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wade45

wade45

I would like to thank all of you at IAP for all the info that you have on here. I've been turning for the past two years. But since I've been on here the last month it has really boosted my knowledge.

First is a spalted maple closed end fountain, then a cross grain walnut with some white, last is a stabilized green maple fountain.

All are finished with CA wet sanded to 1500 then buffed with white diamond.

Thanks for the comments,

Wade Reed

Attachments

• _D2X0067-3.jpg
    _D2X0067-3.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 262
  • _D2X0087-3.jpg
    _D2X0087-3.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 254
  • _D2X0103-3.jpg
    _D2X0103-3.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 247
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fishrule

Nice work! Excellent fit and finish.

If I may pick a nit, so to speak, I found I was straining to see the details in your photos. Perhaps a little more light on the subjects?

wade45

Nice work. I like the Art Deco kits very much.

Did you notice any gap between the small gold accent of the gap finial and the base?

Yes I did see it and thought it kind of funny, but if you go to http://www.pennstateind.com/store/PKARTASET.html then go to Features: it says "The cap is 3-D cast with intricate Art Deco detail" so maybe that's why there is a gap. Otherwise it was all a good fit.

Nice work! Excellent fit and finish.

If I may pick a nit, so to speak, I found I was straining to see the details in your photos. Perhaps a little more light on the subjects?

Sorry, my laptop that I do all of my pictures on has a light screen. I did not know that it's hard for some of you to see them.
I'll change it in the future.

Top Bottom