Three amigos

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Vern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vern

Three Patriot wood pens! Top one is Satin Silver and the wood is sawn from my first board from the exotic wood store. It's called Black Limba and cut at a 45 to the grain. Middle one is spalted buckeye burl from AS. The lower is paltinum made with oven baked purpleheart.

<center>
2004111034737_3amigos.jpg
</center>

Thanks for lookin'

V

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Daniel

I love the spalted Buckeye, But then again you can't miss with a B.B. Blank, or would that now be B.B.B.
How do you get a cubed symbol on here. well it's B Cubed (B3)
now I'm really gonna confuse the newbies [:)]

PenWorks

Beautifull Vern, Love the buck eye & limba, now that is a first, never heard of oven baked. Only in pizza. Bona Patite ! Anthony

Vern

thanks all,

Daniel... if html was on in the fourms you could do B&lt;sup&gt;3&lt;/sup&gt; [:)]

I've been messing around with cooking purpleheart in the oven. 350 for a half hour seems pretty close. Have a large pan of water in there to hopefully keep some moisture in the wood, this last one seemed to turn ok.

Earlier efforts involved waiting till the pen was turned and applying the torch.... let's just say that it didn't work so well. If I didn't burn 'em black they got quite brittle and cracked when I was assembling them.

So far no condiments...

As far as writing with the Patriot, it's ok. I'm a rollerball/fountain pen fan personally. It fits the hand well... just that the ballpoint feels different than a rolerball.

V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom