Threads!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Joe S.

Joe S.

I'm starting to get the hang of threading! The pen has a snap cap, but everything else threads in! It doesn't post, but the cap almost fits over the finial. I was going to get a picture of the individual pieces, but the lower finial was too tight to get off :biggrin:. The blank came from Exotics, and the white is some corian. I can't quite put my finger on it, but there is somthing I just don't like about this pen...:frown: maybe some different choices on acrylics will help... Thanks for looking, and C&C is always helpful.

Attachments

• DSCN0001.jpg
    DSCN0001.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 165
  • DSCN9998.jpg
    DSCN9998.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 197
  • DSCN9999.jpg
    DSCN9999.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 158
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jasontg99

I like the snap cap. I agree on the materials. Something feels...off. BUT, the execution of the completed pen is awesome! Keep it up.

Jason

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Pretty blue blank, and nice designing. How does the cap snap on. I don't see a ridge where the threads would be, IF it was a thread fit.

My apologies....I just noticed under your name, about friction fit. So, is it snap, or friction? Just curious.

Last edited:

Brooks803

looks cool Joe! I like the snap cap. As for what you may not like, I personally wish the rolling writers were available in different colors. Black is great, but it doesn't always fit. The corian would have tied in even better if that blank had a more pronounced white line dividing up the blues.

Joe S.

Pretty blue blank, and nice designing. How does the cap snap on. I don't see a ridge where the threads would be, IF it was a thread fit.

My apologies....I just noticed under your name, about friction fit. So, is it snap, or friction? Just curious.

This one is friction. I'm working on both, but I'm having better success with friction caps. I keep calling it a snap cap without really thinking about it:biggrin:.

ericd

...I can't quite put my finger on it, but there is somthing I just don't like about this pen...
The pen is very well done. Nice shape. Great work on the friction fit cap. I really like the blank. The cream colored corian is not working for me. All of the technical details are excellent. Nice work

Top Bottom