Thought I would try something different

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from swanny70

swanny70

Still working on slimline pens, but I thought I would try a little design. If anybody can tell me how to make this design easier, please do. This one was a tough one to do.

Attachments

• 17b (640x427).jpg
    17b (640x427).jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 343
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

corian king

Nice Job!! Penn state and others (probably) sell a real nice set of beading tools.They make it alot eaiser and the customers love it.

swanny70

Hey guys, I have pen looking for pictures on a slimline without the center ring. Haven't found any. Could you guys please show me some pictures? I'm new to this and can't seem to wrap my brain around how to match the 2 blanks up without a center ring. Thanks!

Drstrangefart

Hey guys, I have pen looking for pictures on a slimline without the center ring. Haven't found any. Could you guys please show me some pictures? I'm new to this and can't seem to wrap my brain around how to match the 2 blanks up without a center ring. Thanks!

The process is pretty simple, actually. Get a bushing that's larger than the standard Slim bushing. The Comfort Twist center bushing is a good place to start. Turn it all down, then swap the Comfort bushing out for a regular Slim bushing. You'll have the edges hanging free so you can sand/polish the edges round and smooth. If you don't, it will be pretty ugly. The pen mill doesn't leave a dead-perfect surface every time, and when you have two imperfect surfaces mated with those sharp angles, the imperfections magnify each other significantly. I also have examples of that outcome if you want pics.

azamiryou

Use a larger bushing in the center

What's the bushing for? I just butt the barrels up against each other and cut right across them.

If you're not applying a finish (e.g., just polishing plastic) then you can do it like this start-to-finish. If you are applying a finish, you probably want to separate the barrels with a bushing so they don't get glued together - but no need to do this until after they are cut to shape.

Drstrangefart

Use a larger bushing in the center

What's the bushing for? I just butt the barrels up against each other and cut right across them.

If you're not applying a finish (e.g., just polishing plastic) then you can do it like this start-to-finish. If you are applying a finish, you probably want to separate the barrels with a bushing so they don't get glued together - but no need to do this until after they are cut to shape.

I've done that, too. I like having some guides for final thickness. There's only so much extra barrel the clips can accomodate and I've run into that a couple of times. And I just end up with better results. Not knocking your process. I just need to take steps to me-proof it some.

Top Bottom