Thor's Hammer

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SteveAxelrod

SteveAxelrod

The blank on this KnurlGT pen is called Thor's Hammer from Exotic Blanks. This was an easy peasy pen...no pins, no inlay, no segmenting...just turn, assmeble and voila!

I'm a little disappointed because the blues and yellows were not nearly as bold as those in Exotic Blank's photo. Luck of the draw I suppose, but this blank has been calling my name from my blank box and I was excited about pairing it with the Black and Ti pen kit. Not a bad looking pen, just not as exciting as I had hoped.

Oh well, tomorrow I'll turn another and life will once again be GOOD! :biggrin:

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveAxelrod

Thanks Mal! I've had a few comments about dark pens on the dark background. I think I'll check around and see what others are using and find a second background to use. But I like how the background and matte black pen stand almost disappear.

stonepecker

I got a feeling that someone is going to say "That is just what I have been looking for. How much?"

Great looking pen. You did an excellent pairing for a fantastic pen.

OZturner

Excellent Pen, Steve.
Spectacular Blank, I see in it an Incredible Surge of Energy and Heat Instantly reducing the near Elements, and Gasses into a Swirling Mass.
Obviously as a result of Thor's Striking Hammer.
Great Fit and Finish,
Congratulations,
Brian.

Herb G

I think I'll check around and see what others are using and find a second background to use.

FWIW, I have a buddy who does store ad layout and catalog photos.
He went to the fabric store & bought several yards of all kinds of materials.
Everything from white quilt fabric to black rayon (it looks like silk).
Some materials are plain, some have lots of texture.

He uses a simple frame to support the fabric & poses everything inside his "photo booth". That way, he can make anything show up best for the picture.

Top Bottom