"Thorns" Herringbone #5

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from akbar24601

akbar24601

This was my second go with Aluminum. This is a Two Tone Wall St. II Pen with Purpleheart and Aluminum. ~S

Attachments

• Thorns.jpg
    Thorns.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 374
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

VisExp

First TribalRR and now you.

You guys are going to have to stop showing these 360 herringbone patterns. Every time I see one my head starts to hurt from trying to figure out how to do it :mad: :biggrin:

Great work, the pen is beautiful.

stolicky

Man, I have to try this herringbone stuff. Ah, another project.... I'll never be bored. Good job by the way.

Do you start with standard aluminum stock or is it recycled from something else? Also, what do you use for glue?

I tried some aluminum flashing once and had a really hard time attaching it to wood. I scuffed up both pieces, used CA and gorilla glue and finally get it to stay together. I don't remember which eventually worked.

Thanks for the inspiration. And, yes, like tool crazy said, slow down buddy.... you already have a huge lead!

akbar24601

Thanks Chris and everyone for the kind words. A huge thanks to Kruzzer and all of the other members who are a huge inspiration to me. Please, keep my wheels spinning!!!

The aluminum was flat bar that I bought at Lowe's. Just make sure you keep your metal and wood the same thickness if you are going to intertwine them.

All the best. Can't wait to see the finished product Chris. ~S

Top Bottom