Third times a charm.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from toolcrazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

toolcrazy

Some of you may remember the saga of this gold Baron. I'm not goin to go into detail again. I repaired the crack by replacing it with ebony and to add to the look, I did the same on the other end. Comment, good or bad welcome. BTW, I am thinking of doing the same with the cap. I'm keeping this one for my own use. And because the old cartridge went bad, I replaced it with a Uniball Gell.
200793185913_third_time.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Texatdurango

I think I would do the same black rings on the upper barrel. To me, doing it on just one barrel looks lopsided AND looks like you are hiding a mistake.

toolcrazy

Originally posted by Texatdurango
<br />I think I would do the same black rings on the upper barrel. To me, doing it on just one barrel looks lopsided AND looks like you are hiding a mistake.

My thought exactly. I have plenty of ebony. All I need to do is "DO IT".[:D]

toolcrazy

Well, here is the next phase of this pen. I think I'm finally done, after a couple of months of messing with it. I think the next time I have a pen this obstinate about being finished. It's going in the scrap heap and I'm starting over. But I did learn a lot.

20079619022_phase%20_four_baron.jpg

toolcrazy

I'm glad I didn't give up, I almost did. I couldn't find the ebony I thought I had and I still haven't found what I was looking for. But I did find one blank that wasn't where it was supposed to be. Or the cap wouldn't of never been done. But, in the long run, it was worth the headaches seeing the end result. This one I'm gonna keep and use. Too much time spent on it to recover my expenses. Hopefully, it will sell some pens for me. Thanks for the compliments.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Great looking pen and I love the final phase. I am a big fan of that type of segmented pens - darker ends and lighter middles. To me, they look very classy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom