Thin Blue Line pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Buddy Stacy

Buddy Stacy

I started making these in support of those in law enforcement.

Attachments

• TBL Walnut.jpg
    TBL Walnut.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 269
  • TBL Hickory.jpg
    TBL Hickory.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 300
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

I have a few slim line kits from years ago; I may flatter you :) by emulating your profile....that is real nice. Thank you for the idea!

Buddy Stacy

Thank you both! For a long time that was the only profile I turned. I have just in the last couple of month really started to experiment with a few more traditional profiles.

I still turn mainly twist pens, simply because of how cheap they are to buy the kits for. I am making enough doing this for it to pay for the supplies, but I have not really started investing in the more expensive kits yet. I have done a few fountain pens, and I do some of the .30 caliber bullet pens, but I am still learning and mistakes are a lot easier to swallow when you only have $1.65 in a kit.

thewishman

Thank you both! For a long time that was the only profile I turned. I have just in the last couple of month really started to experiment with a few more traditional profiles.

I still turn mainly twist pens, simply because of how cheap they are to buy the kits for. I am making enough doing this for it to pay for the supplies, but I have not really started investing in the more expensive kits yet. I have done a few fountain pens, and I do some of the .30 caliber bullet pens, but I am still learning and mistakes are a lot easier to swallow when you only have $1.65 in a kit.

Buddy, an even less expensive way is to buy extra tubes for nice pens and experiment with things. That way you only spend $0.50 - $1.50 per style and then you only assemble the kits you are pleased with.

Even cheaper - if you don't like the barrels, turn the material off the tubes and start again.:) I always have lots of extra tubes on hand, just in case...

Top Bottom