Thin blue line help

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from vakmere

vakmere

May not be the right forum for this and may get moved but bear with me. Need your opinions, does this qualify as a 'thin blue line' type or is there an official pattern or look to a TBL blank? Disregard the 'black and turquoise' description, in person it looks blue. I only did one of these but not too sure if this is the correct look. Anyone??? My son is a cop and he really didn't know, maybe he was being nice to dad.....This pen is a 'give away' and want to make sure before I do.

Attachments

• 12671943_1131663550185731_8646986906411298386_o[1].jpg
    12671943_1131663550185731_8646986906411298386_o[1].jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 363
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnU

It's a very nice pen and anyone would love to own it! As for the thin blue line theme, being precise... the Thin Blue Line is usually one blue line because it is supposed to represent law enforcement officers (as the few) being the thin blue line between the citizens who they protect (black area above the blue line) and the criminals (black area below the blue line). With that being said, I know lots of police officers who would go nuts over that pen!

Last edited:

JohnU

I just poured a couple myself. If you want one PM me your mailing address and I'll send you one, my treat, especially since its a "give away".

jttheclockman

If you made that blank would you be willing to share how you did it??? It is a nice segmented blank for sure.

vakmere

If you made that blank would you be willing to share how you did it??? It is a nice segmented blank for sure.

I happened to be at Woodcraft and found it in their aisle. It looked close to what I was looking for but apparently it's not the style that The Thin Blue Line should be. Close but no cigar.

ladycop322

Being an active LEO and a pen turner, I can tell you that the thin blue line represents all law enforcement officers. The black area above the thin blue line represents 'good' and the black area below the thin blue line represents 'evil'. We stand between good and evil.

I have made a lot of versions of TBL pens. Feel free to look on my website on www.facebook.com/innovationsinink and also www.facebook.com/blanksbysweetcheeks.

The pen you posted is absolutely beautiful and I wouldn't think twice about carrying and using it :)

qquake

Your pen is gorgeous. If you want a single blue line, you can always segment a blank. I used blue pickguard material on this one.

Attachments

• 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    227.8 KB · Views: 130
  • 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    126.4 KB · Views: 123
  • 036.JPG
    036.JPG
    152.5 KB · Views: 138
  • 056.JPG
    056.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 117
  • 063.JPG
    063.JPG
    198.4 KB · Views: 124

vakmere

Being an active LEO and a pen turner, I can tell you that the thin blue line represents all law enforcement officers. The black area above the thin blue line represents 'good' and the black area below the thin blue line represents 'evil'. We stand between good and evil.

I have made a lot of versions of TBL pens. Feel free to look on my website on www.facebook.com/innovationsinink and also www.facebook.com/blanksbysweetcheeks.

The pen you posted is absolutely beautiful and I wouldn't think twice about carrying and using it :)

Thank you, but the more I look at it, it seems the blue has as many lines as the black which kind of evens things out as far as good, evil, and law. In reality it wont happen but it would be nice if it did.
I still worry every time my son takes a shift in the squad car. I tell him be smart, careful, and get home for dinner. :wink:

Top Bottom