Thin blue line...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Phillip Kelley

Designer on thin blue line...this stuff was the most difficult material that I have ever tried to turn...I first blew the end out trying to square up the blank; ( i cut 1/8" off & resquared) then I started out with a round carbide & it kept wanting to grab & chatter...after getting the blank round, I ended shaping it with a skew..this was the 1st time I have ever used a skew to complete a blank! Hopefully it is going to FL next week to a distant cousin that I haven't seen in 30 years

Attachments

• BlueLine - Copy.JPG
    BlueLine - Copy.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 283
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MTViper

Great looking pen and I know it will be appreciated. I've made 3 from these blanks and had no trouble. I use a very sharp 3/4" SRG for turning all "acrylic" family pens rather than carbide because I get a smoother finish. These peeled like a grape for me.

SRG?

Ok ...I guess I am showing my in-experience (but it is where we learn lol) what is SRG?

Great looking pen and I know it will be appreciated. I've made 3 from these blanks and had no trouble. I use a very sharp 3/4" SRG for turning all "acrylic" family pens rather than carbide because I get a smoother finish. These peeled like a grape for me.

Top Bottom