These Majestics are HONKERS!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from GouletPens

GouletPens

This was my first Majestic from PSI, and man are they HUGE!! I knew it already, but actually holding one in my hand is like something else....I love it!! I'm a big guy with big hands and this is the first pen that's ever 'filled' my hand. The wood is a 50/50 Pomelle Bubinga with a CA finish.

Attachments

• 1SigPB01.jpg
    1SigPB01.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 360
  • 1SigPB02.jpg
    1SigPB02.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 276
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cnirenberg

Brian,
Great looking pen. I love the wood. I hope you don't fly too much or the airline may force you to check that baton rather than carry it on.

arjudy

Great looking pen. I just made myself an emperor pen and it is very large as well. Love the wood you chose for that one and the finish too.

chriselle

Beautiful pen Brian...(of course!) I might have to add a few of those to my inventory but unfortunately the really big pens while gorgeous tend to sit a little too long in this market.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Beautiful pen Brian...(of course!) I might have to add a few of those to my inventory but unfortunately the really big pens while gorgeous tend to sit a little too long in this market.

Beautiful work, Brian.

Chris,

Have you considered two Majestics and a length of chain? You could market them as a set of nunchucks! :biggrin::tongue::biggrin:

fernhills

Looking good. Did you have trouble with the drill bit being under some and the tube was a bear getting in the blank. I have a couple and i hate to go through that again.

GouletPens

Looking good. Did you have trouble with the drill bit being under some and the tube was a bear getting in the blank. I have a couple and i hate to go through that again.
The bottom was fine, but the top (which is the biggest bit I think on any pen) required a little hand filing with my round file to get a loose fit. I like to have a little bit of a loose fit and fill with a lot of epoxy. Something about really *squeezing* the brass into the wood makes me uneasy about cracking problems down the road. But yeah, that was a pain.

GouletPens

Beautiful pen. What are the dimensions on these things?
Hmmm....let's see....I know it uses a 37/64" bit on top, the final dimensions are.....breaking out the ruler.......5/8" around at the finial (not including the clip), and just under 6" long. Put it this way, the bottom section of the pen uses the same drill bit as the top of the Baron!!

If you want to imagine its size, just go to your kitchen, grab a rolling pin, and try writing with it. It's about like that.:tongue:

sefali

Hmmm....let's see....I know it uses a 37/64" bit on top, the final dimensions are.....breaking out the ruler.......5/8" around at the finial (not including the clip), and just under 6" long. Put it this way, the bottom section of the pen uses the same drill bit as the top of the Baron!!

If you want to imagine its size, just go to your kitchen, grab a rolling pin, and try writing with it. It's about like that.:tongue:

That sounds just about right.:tongue: I love large pens, despite having average sized hands.

markgum

Brian; how would you rate the kit? I've thought about ordering a couple of these but don't like the S L O W shipping of PSI and sometimes wonder about the quality.

GouletPens

Brian; how would you rate the kit? I've thought about ordering a couple of these but don't like the S L O W shipping of PSI and sometimes wonder about the quality.
I was impressed with the kit. The definition in the details aren't as great as the emperors, but right now PSI has the majestics in black ti. for only $30, rather than the emperors $50.....so yeah. If you've made a Jr. Stateman 2 then that level of detail is about what to expect on the majestic. I will definitely be making more of them.:rolleyes:

S

spiritwoodturner

My 2 cents is they are fine kits. But Brian's right, they are enormous pens (nice pen, buy the way, Brian!). I'm 6'5" with WAY oversized hands, and they're too big for me to write with for long. And I sell my pens, and have yet to sell 1 of these, even when people have the chance to touch them at shows. I think they're actually a tad TOO big. I've not weighed one, but my guess is, depending on what it's made of, they have to weigh 8-9 ounces, which of course will rule out carrying it anywhere.

The price IS right though for a pen like this. I wish CSUSA would have a sale on some of their's, from the Statesman on up. But I doubt I'll buy many more Majestic's. There's always the Jr. though!

Dale

GouletPens

My 2 cents is they are fine kits. But Brian's right, they are enormous pens (nice pen, buy the way, Brian!). I'm 6'5" with WAY oversized hands, and they're too big for me to write with for long. And I sell my pens, and have yet to sell 1 of these, even when people have the chance to touch them at shows. I think they're actually a tad TOO big. I've not weighed one, but my guess is, depending on what it's made of, they have to weigh 8-9 ounces, which of course will rule out carrying it anywhere.

The price IS right though for a pen like this. I wish CSUSA would have a sale on some of their's, from the Statesman on up. But I doubt I'll buy many more Majestic's. There's always the Jr. though!

Dale
I'm right there with ya. The majestics are great for showing off an awesome piece of wood, but its way too big for "practical" use. It would make a great desk pen. The juniors however, are a different story. My wife held the Jr. Emperor (same size basically as the maj. jr.) and she REALLY liked the way it felt even in her tiny hands. I wouldn't bank on selling many full sizers, but the jr.s I think are the ticket for me.

Top Bottom