There's just something about black titanium...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MorganGrafixx

MorganGrafixx

It just goes with everything. This one is still a secret. It's for my mom's birthday! I posed it on my Facebook album, but didn't say what/who it was for. She is in the habbit of frequenting my pen album and looking through all the new pens. I always get the comment "Oooh I like that one". I tell her, "Mom, let me make you one. What kind would you want for your personal use?". Her answer is always the same. "Oh, you don't need to make me anything that fancy. I'd just end up hurting it."
Well, looks like my rule breaking as a child has prepared me for this one event! Because this baby is fancy. My hold out Burls N Swirls blank that I have been hiding away for a very special pen paired with a black titanium Navigator (she has smaller hands so a Gent or larger kit was out) was as nice a combo as I could come up with. The moon and stars aligned just for this one pen and I was able to make it start-to-finish in under 20 minutes including the CA finish! No hang-ups, breaks, tear outs, chips, spots, waves, hold-ups or anything to slow me down. Easily the smoothest pen build I have ever done. And I have done TONS of this kit before. I was ready for a fight, but it just refused to cause me any problems. Okay, I'm done rambling....now LOOK AT THE PICTURES! :biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_0700.jpg
    IMG_0700.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_0699.jpg
    IMG_0699.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_0698.jpg
    IMG_0698.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_0696.jpg
    IMG_0696.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_0694.jpg
    IMG_0694.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 234
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MorganGrafixx

If I could ever turn a profit from these, I might just be able to afford a good camera. I really don't like posting pics of my pens simply because the pictures I take can't hold a candle to seeing these in real life. I explain this to my customers, but only the ones who have had faith in my skills are the ones that truly understand the difference between the pictures and the actual pen.

wiset1

Really deep swirl in this and the contrast between the wood and the acrylic looks stunning. I'm sure she'll love the pen most of all...because you made it for her! Great looking turn

76winger

If I could ever turn a profit from these, I might just be able to afford a good camera. I really don't like posting pics of my pens simply because the pictures I take can't hold a candle to seeing these in real life. I explain this to my customers, but only the ones who have had faith in my skills are the ones that truly understand the difference between the pictures and the actual pen.

Learning to get the lighting right and maintaining focus are the two biggest things to work on for bettering your photos. For instance this pic. was taken with a 10+ year old, 1.3 mp Sonly Cybershot. It just took a lot of playing with the lighting around the pen, and using a GREATLY diffused (and reflected) flash to get even lighting and color right from the old fella because it doesn't have any of the white-balance features of the newer digital cameras. I used to take 50 pictures to get a few good ones for my postings.

You've got a SUPER looking pen there, and with a little persistence you CAN pull off some decent pictures even if your camera isn't the greatest.

Top Bottom