There's gold in them thar blanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Twissy

Twissy

Finished up today. Piston filler using one of the mechanisms from one of my earlier posts. Fitted with the customers Pelikan M1000 nib....a monster!
The body material is gold M3 whilst the other parts are Black Titanium M3. It amazed me how much heavier the gold blank was compared to the other M3 blanks.
It is a heavy pen, coming in at 48g without the cap. The cap weighs 8g. The blind cap for the piston is not fully secured yet (hence the slight gap) as I need to "borrow" the filler to make another pen whilst I await some new ones.

A pig to photograph, tried two different backgrounds.

Thanks for looking.
IMG_1413.JPGIMG_1411.JPGIMG_1416.JPGIMG_1417.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Hi John, we all have hits and misses and maybe it's just the pics or the material, but I'm afraid this one ( in my opinion) doesn't quite match all your other ultra cool efforts. :wink: Sorry.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I've only turned one M3 (Damascus) and really liked how it looked.

Great pen! I admire the skill you folks display with the closed ends! Line 43 on my bucket list!!! :tongue:

Twissy

Hi John, we all have hits and misses and maybe it's just the pics or the material, but I'm afraid this one ( in my opinion) doesn't quite match all your other ultra cool efforts. :wink: Sorry.

No need to be sorry Steve....I appreciate your candor! Although it does look better in the flesh than the photographs I think I know where you're coming from. I personally don't like a swell in the barrel of a pen and this is no exception. If it were made for me or stock it would be a straight barrel. The cap would also be a bit longer and have a clip or ornament.
Unfortunately the customer is always right (ish) :biggrin:

plantman

John; I like it. No bells or flashing lights, just smooth and elegantly rich looking. A heavy pen gives one a feeling of power when it is written with. Jim S

Top Bottom