Thanks to Russell

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from papaturner

papaturner

For the great demo on the closed end pen and the pin mandrel to turn it.
This was bit of an experiment for me so I use the wood from an old pallet and I have not a clue what it is. However the finish is the new CA from fast stick also from a Russell demo.

Hope you like and comments are always welcome. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_0649.JPG
    IMG_0649.JPG
    18.4 KB · Views: 218
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bobalu

That's a keeper, for sure! Did you make the pin mandrel per Russell's instructions, or go store bought? Just looking at the photo, I'd say that is red oak.

I like the new finishing kit from Stick-Fast, too. Found out real fast that I need a lighter touch with the sandpaper, or more coats of the Medium CA, as I sanded back down to the wood on the edge of the blanks my first try. Second try was much better.

papaturner

That's a keeper, for sure! Did you make the pin mandrel per Russell's instructions, or go store bought? Just looking at the photo, I'd say that is red oak.

I like the new finishing kit from Stick-Fast, too. Found out real fast that I need a lighter touch with the sandpaper, or more coats of the Medium CA, as I sanded back down to the wood on the edge of the blanks my first try. Second try was much better.

Bob, I did make the pin mandrel by Russell`s instructions. It only takes a short time to make and it works great.

As for the wood it is not red oak for sure......much to light in weight ,not nearly hard enough and the grain is different. So with all that said it has to be my camera work........I am camera challenged you know.:biggrin:

Top Bottom