Thanks Roy!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from David Keller

David Keller

I was the surprised recipient of a gift certificate from The Classic Nib in the most recent birthday bash, and I used it to get kits for a local charity that I support. A friend and I turn the barrels, and the folks at 4RKids put them together and sell them to raise money for their various endeavors. The charity supports kids and adults with developmental disabilities(4rkids.org).

Here are the barrels I turned along with one that I chose to keep for myself... A nice bit of olive burl from Robutacion. The barrels are (L to R)figured maple, redwood burl, cherry burl, camphor burl, crosscut redbud, oak burl, maple burl, and Honduran rosewood.

Thanks again, Roy!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

G'day David,

I though that you had given up making pens, mate...!

There is not a single one in there that I don't like, all blanks produced great pen barrels, the one you've got from me is no exception...!:wink::biggrin:

I do hope that the 4rkids.org people get some good prices out of the pens sales, they can use every dollar they can put their hands on so, congrats for making such beautiful barrels and congrats for being supportive of such worth case...!

Cheers
George

SDB777

My my....these are really nicely done!

Are they auctioned or just straight up sold in the fund raising?

Scott (burls and more burls oh my!) B

David Keller

Thanks folks!

George, I don't make a whole lot of pens, but this little charitable outlet has gotten me interested again after a couple year hiatus.

Seamus, the facial hair comes and goes, but it's mostly gone. I grew the most recent because my wife suggested it was to her liking... It was removed after my wife told me it 'looked like $h1t'.

Scott, the operate a little retail store here in town that has all kinds of stuff for sale... That's where the pens are sold. I've never actually been in the store.

HamTurns

Great looking barrels there Dave, and good to see you over here.

Great idea they have going there too with 4Rkids, keep up the good work.

I would think the beard would get in the way and complicate things when you have a scalpel in your hands. :eek::knife:

Top Bottom