Thanks to Rick Herrell

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from clement

clement

Hi all,
I was reading Rick's tutorial about cartridge pens. I decide to give his method a try and wil show you the first ones I realise.

The one above is Bocote and the 2nd is Purpleheart. The casings are 7,65 mm, but I have'nt the bullets. I use a slimline kit from Woodenpro ( Black Chrome and Chrome ). When I polished the nibs, one of them lost his chrome, and I obtain a nice copper nib.

Thanks to Rick,

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rlharding

I too am not a fan of cartridge pens yet these are spectacular. Probably 2 of the nicest I have seen. Maybe because I like bright shiny things:)

rherrell

WOW! You know, I've been sitting here for the last 2 minutes looking at those pens and I am speechless, REALLY! Your FIRST cartridge pens? Well, you're either pulling my leg or you are one talented dude! I suspect the latter. Those are truly beautiful.
I'm glad my tutorial inspired you to give this style of pen a try, that is EXACTLY the reason I wrote it. I couldn't be happier(he said smiling from EAR to EAR!) You did a great job and I'm just glad I could be a SMALL part of it, WOW!:D:D:D

Sylvanite

Very nice! I like the way you have used a cut case to impart a centerband, and they are beautifully polished. Rifle cases (even brand new ones) often have little dings that really stand out when buffed, buy yours look great. I hope you gave the brass a coat of something to preserve the shine.

Regards,
Eric

clement

Thanks for the nice comments.
In fact I've tryed one before but wasn't satisfied with the result. I give it to my son-in-law when he goes to Kaboul for a few months. He show it to some of his buddies and they ask all for a similar pen. Those ones are really better and I give him 5 pens for him and his friends.
I hope they enjoy them.

DozerMite

Banned
I never cared for the cartridge pens because of the finish on the cartridges, but you did a great job on the finish.
Nice!

Top Bottom