Thanks to Lou!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from winpooh498

winpooh498

As some of you know Shane and I have been truly blessed with 2 wonderful little boys that are Autistic. So Autism is very near and dear to our hearts.

I contacted Lou (DCBluesman) a few weeks ago about getting a puzzle kit with the Autism colors, with one black piece to represent the missing piece of the puzzle. Lou contacted me last week and told me that the kits would be ready this week, so I anxiously a waited the news that I could order one. Then I found out that Lou was going to send me a kit, and donate part of the proceeds of his sales to an Autism Charity!

We owe a huge thank you to Lou!!!

From the ASA website:
The Autism Awareness Ribbon - The puzzle pattern reflects the mystery and complexity of the autism spectrum. The different colors and shapes represent the diversity of the people and families living with the condition. The brightness of the ribbon signals hope—hope that through increased awareness of autism, and through early intervention and appropriate treatments, people with autism will lead fuller, more complete lives.

This kit was so much fun to build. It came with very good instructions, but I found it easier to "build" the puzzle piece by piece on the tube. I was going to use my 80 grit gouge, but that was slow so I did use my skew. If I had been able too I would have chewed off all my fingernails while turning, I now have a new understanding of "Sharp tools & light touch". I am very happy with how it turned out.

2009_02070043_600x450.jpg

2009_02070059_600x450.jpg

2 Tone Chrome Elegant Sierra Lacquer finish.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alphageek

Former Moderator
That is a BEAUTIFUL pen! Way to go Dawn and Lou!

The concept is great and flawless execution. I like the charity idea too. That would make a GREAT addition to any Autism charity auctions.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
A very touching story, Dawn. Lou, I am not surprised by your part in this. You sometimes try to hide it, but the gold in your heart shines through.

Thanks Dawn for sharing your story.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
I love it when a plan comes together! The autism puzzle is typically represented by red, yelow, light blue and dark blue. Dawn was going to leave a piece out and asked if I had any ideas on what she should do with the hole. We came up with the idea for a black piece to represent the missing piece of the puzzle.

Beautiful job, Dawn...on the pen and on letting me be a part of this very special project!

And William, don't go spreading those awful rumors about me. It's far easier to live down to my reputation as a troll!

OKLAHOMAN

Lou and Dawn, its post like this that make us a family that Iim proud to be part of and yes Cav "His Nibs" has a large streak of gold running through his heart.

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
I have always admired pens with a story. Not only can they create more stories in use, but each time they write they invoke wonderful emotions. This one's a beauty on many levels. Simply divine.

Daniel

Dawn, Great pen, Even better cause. and thanks Lou. I know it is just like you but I want you to know that it is appreciated by many.
I work with a couple that have an autistic child. I have known them since before he was born. He is now almost 20. It has been a real eye opening experience to learn just where and what the struggles are in these situations. The vast range of help and support really is staggering, and sadly accessing most of it is more of a stress and burden than the relief if provides. It is a welcome breath when someone will just step in and get it done, no forms, no meetings, no hoops to jump through.

TowMater

As a Father of an 11 year old boy with Autism this is very special to me as well. Great collaborative effort!!

I'm pondering a puzzle pen for my wifes upcoming birthday as she was the backbone in our sons treatment plan and implementation. She's a smaller gal but actually prefers the Statesmen size pens so I guess I'd better get on with my planning!

Lou if your going to make these available as a Statesmen I'd be a customer! I don't need it until about March 20th or so.

Todd

Top Bottom