Thanks Kallenshaanwoods

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from its_virgil

its_virgil

Ken Nelsen has help with several custom pens for me over the years. Here is the latest. I have a friend who has a few i've made. He has a brother retiring from the Austin PD. He wanted to get a pen made and asked me for ideas. I pitched the idea of using his badge and having Ken do a laser inlay of the badge. My friend liked the idea so I called Ken. I obtained camera ready images of the badge and color pictures of it also. After a few phone calls and emails the pen is completed. Pictures are attached of the cap with the badge inlay. The pen is a gent and the barrel is curly maple. Thanks Ken for another job wonderfully done. I've never been disappointed in any Ken's work. What a talent he has.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Attachments

• AustinBadgePic1LR.jpg
    AustinBadgePic1LR.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 438
  • AustinBadgePic2LR.jpg
    AustinBadgePic2LR.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 295
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

longbeard

WOW!!! Thats is sweet. I believe you nailed that one. Great job Don.
Great work by Ken too.

Last edited:

its_virgil

Ken and Colin get all of the credit. I talked with Ken about the idea. I supplied him with the artwork (and the $$$). I decided to let them assemble and turn the cap and barrel instead of mailing the pen and parts back and forth. They actually did all of the actual work. The recipient's name and service dates are laser engraved on the barrel. A box with window and badge engraved on the cover was part of the project. I received the pen completed in the box to pass on to my customer. Yes, my customer knows the whole story. I only take credit for the idea and freindship with Ken and Colin.

Thanks for the comments.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

its_virgil

Thanks for the nice comments. The badge looks awesome in person. And, yes, Ken did a superb job on this project. I look forward to the recipient's reaction when the pen is presented to him.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Scruffy

Very Nice...

If some one takes a picture of the presentation, see if you can get a copy and show it here. I bet it is very well received.

Fishinbo

Great idea, it is truly a fitting pen for the new owner. Great work on the laser inlay, looks really attractive with the blanks and the kit. I'm sure the recipient will be very delighted. Great job!

Top Bottom