Thanks Harold

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from GaryMGg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryMGg

I got some Carribean Rosewood from Harold (Splinter99) and today I had time to try some.
This wood has lots of chatoyance, turns really nicely, polishes up to a high gloss that entices one to consider a natural finish. I didn't.
Here's a Copper Baron Rollerball dressed in the Rosewood and finished with MM, Walnut oil, CA, MM, and buffed out with Plastic Polish

CopperRBBaronCaribRosewood1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ahoiberg

real nice gary. that's a fine looking piece or Caribbean Rosewood. after adding the walnut oil, did you let that dry or go right ahead with the CA?

GaryMGg

Andrew,
After applying the oil, I burnish with shavings, then take a dry, clean paper towel or cotton rag and keep wiping while the lathe is running at medium speed. I keep switching to clean sections until the rag or towel remains nearly clean and dry. Then I begin applying CA.

splinter99

Great Job..That has been one of my favotite woods for a while now..every board I have bought has been different..you dida great job bringing out the colors in the wood...
I'll have to try walnut oil..I bought a bunch of it at a close out at walmart..I use it on bowls sometimes and in raspberry vinagarett dressing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom