Thanks to Ed and Larry

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rick_G

Rick_G

Ed recently had an offer on some Ti Gold slimlines provided they were sent to the troops I couldn't pass on. I've got a few done in walnut and then a box of sugar maple blanks showed up in my mailbox from Larry in Harrow. The wood was left over from making the truck floorboards for the Canadian Army during WWII. With that history the rest of the slims will be dressed in sugar maple. As soon as I get the first 10 done a parcel for the troops will be sent off in the new year. Here's the first one. Not much figure in the wood but the history will more than make up.

Attachments

• 2067.png
    2067.png
    466.9 KB · Views: 258
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Welcome

Looks great Rick. Glad you could use them. I'm still kicking myself for taking so long to make the connection. I've been using bits of that stuff for almost 20 years. If you want any more just say so, still have about 30 bd. ft. When I get back to turning, I'll make a few for the troops myself.

ctubbs

Rick and Larry, that is an excellent idea. I am sure that when the troops receive the pen along with its history, they will be even more appreciative. Rick, on the pen itself, wonderful fit and finish and the grain is subtle but beautiful. there is much character in that timber. You did good work. Congratulations.
Charles

Rick_G

Thanks Larry, this will keep me going for a couple months. The kitchen isn't finished and I still get the "LOOK" when the wife catches me on the lathe instead of working on the kitchen. It's a long process when you are still trying to use it and only have a small area in the shop to lay things out for finishing.

wizard

Beautiful pen! Awesome finish! That is a very neat and creative idea particularly from the historical aspect and will be treasured by the recipients! Regards, Doc

Top Bottom