Thanks Ed!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alphageek

alphageek

Former Moderator
This one was a freebie from when I got to meet Ed & PrPrincess! I showed interest in the blank, and he threw it into my bucket warning me that this is very brittle (worse than acrylister!).. I'm happy to say that it turned out great and will be on my list for more in the future. Sharp skew and lightning speed and I was 'good to go'.

200822211637_IMG_5428r.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
M

Mudder

Originally posted by wdcav1952

Nice work with a nice blank. Having said that, do you really expect us to believe Ed actually GAVE something away??? [}:)];)

Why William, haven't you heard.

Ed gives ONE FREE PEN PER CUSTOMER!

Unfortunately I have not seen mine yet. [}:)]

alphageek

Former Moderator
Hey - the pen wasn't free! It was a good amount of work (ok at least a good amount of stress!) Gee - I guess i should almost be honored for the "free pen" comment to make it into one of my threads.[8D]

oldsmokey

Hay Cav. I have to jump in here and defend Ed. He just sent me an order of white acrylic to make two wedding pen sets. In the order was four(4) freebies. A few months back I got some of his cats and he included some freebies.
If you want freebies from Ed, you have to order something.
Ellis

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by oldsmokey

Hay Cav. I have to jump in here and defend Ed. He just sent me an order of white acrylic to make two wedding pen sets. In the order was four(4) freebies. A few months back I got some of his cats and he included some freebies.
Ellis

<center>THANKS ELLIS!!!</center>

<center>THAT (order something)</center>
<center>NEVER would have occurred to Cav </center>

<center>or Mudder!!</center>:D:D:D:D:D

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam

Ellis
There's a guy that does business over by the bus station that gives "freebies", too. I think the motivation is the same! [:p]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
NICE job, Dean!!!!!

The shape is a good idea, cause that CAN be a little translucent. Did you paint the tubes???

I don't see them!!!!! Great work!

Now you have graduated, you are allowed to order this in the larger rods, if you like. (His freebee was only big enough for a 7mm - I ordered this by mistake)

alphageek

Former Moderator
Ed, I did paint.. But not the tubes. I've been getting pretty good at painting the inside of the blank (white in this case) and then still being able to CA in the tubes.

And can you answer Johns question- I don't remember the name you called this one?

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by johncrane

Dean!l like your bumps, what's ED call this one![8D]:D

John,

I really have not been trying to sell it, because it can be difficult to turn. BUT, since Andy is out of business for a while, if you want to order, I will learn about shipping to OZ.

This is "candy stripe", but it comes in a couple color combos. This is the "primarily red" for lack of a better description. I also have a "primarily blue". If there is interest, I could turn a couple and post them early next week.

We'll see how many people respond to this thread and decide.

NOT FOR NEWBIES!!!!!!!!!! IF you are comfortable with a skew and relatively high speed turning - you will do fine.:D

M

Mudder

Originally posted by ed4copies

Ellis

<center>THANKS ELLIS!!!</center>

<center>THAT (order something)</center>
<center>NEVER would have occurred to Cav </center>

<center>or Mudder!!</center>:D:D:D:D:D

So,

Since I never ordered anything from you Mr. Brown I just called my credit card company to report all the fraudulent charges, from YOU, that have shown up on my bill over the last couple of years.

Let's see you laugh this one off Pal. [:0]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Mudder,

A little inside information:

You can't WRITE with a PEPPERMILL MECHANISM!!!!

To earn a FREE PEN, you have to Purchase a PEN from me. THAT pen, then has to turn out to be DEFECTIVE. So far, the only defect we have identified is in your recollection!!!!:D:D:D

M

Mudder

Originally posted by ed4copies

Mudder,

A little inside information:

You can't WRITE with a PEPPERMILL MECHANISM!!!!

To earn a FREE PEN, you have to Purchase a PEN from me. THAT pen, then has to turn out to be DEFECTIVE. So far, the only defect we have identified is in your recollection!!!!:D:D:D

Hey Genius,

You seem to have forgotten two things.

1) In the post, which I have saved for proof, (sound familiar) YOU simply said,
ONE FREE PEN PER CUSTOMER.

2) Since you have now publicly admitted that I have purchased pepper mill mechanisms, and neglected to mention the pen blanks I purchased, you have now given credence to my claim that I AM a customer! So I will ask you again Mr. Brown...... When can I expect to receive my
ONE FREE PEN PER CUSTOMER ?

It seems that Mr. Brown is suffering from selective amnesia. He only seems to remember what he thinks is advantageous to Mr. Brown. You should have followed your own advise Mr. Brown. Be careful what you write in a public forum because it might creep up and kick you in the A$$!

Top Bottom