Thanks, Cecilia!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alamocdc

alamocdc

Many of you may remember a listing of synthetic (I think) Truestone blanks about a week ago. I bought them largely because of the 6 Aggie (Texas A&M for the unknowing) colored blanks... two nieces are alumni and one is currently attending and they will make nice gifts for them. Anyway I turned one of the synths today so I thought I'd post it. She said she thought this was Banded Malachite. I have no way of knowing, but here it is. Please forgive the small specks of lint I missed. Should have left my trifocals on.[:I]

200821705710_slimlineGM_band_malachiteSTS.jpg

As always, criticism is welcome.

I'll add that this was the first time I've turned anything like this and still haven't tried Truestone, so I have no idea how it may compare. I found this to be about as hard as Inlace Acrylester (had to sharpen the skews between halves), but nowhere near as brittle. Nice stuff... I like it.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alamocdc

Thanks, guys. Just to clarify, this is not the A&M colors, but another from the stock she had. And I forgot to mention that pen is Gun Metal (looks just like Black Tn).

Cav, I don't know why I don't turn more slims b/c I can't seem to keep them in stock. I just prefer the larger styles. But I sell 3 slims for every 1.5 to 2 larger pens. SHRUG.

wendell

Very nice design on the slimline!

Tell you're nieces that they have excellent taste in schools. GIG 'EM AGGIES!!! Please post pictures of the pens you're making for them when you have them done.

Wendell

JohnU

I think this is the first pen of yours Ive seen and I like the shape! Great job and a good looking blank also. I have to say I dont sell a lot of large pens and probably 90% slimline. But I dont make as many large kits to sell either. I sell to those poor people in my price range!:D

johncrane

Bill l like your design/shape, looks like it will fit the hand in comfort,l also like the colors, l also think there are still a lot of people that still love the s/line and l am one of those, Bill thanks for showing us another very nice slim line [:p][8D]

Top Bottom