Thanks Buzzzz4 (Eric) !

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ToddMR

ToddMR

Eric tried his best to get me a horse hair blank cast, after two attempts since the hair is thicker, he asked me if a light color wood with some hair stripes would be alright. I said sure! He not only did a good job he did all the turning himself which I understand why. He used a piece of chestnut and then the dark sections are the horse hair. I contacted the customer tonight and waiting to hear back from them. I am sure it was an interesting experience for Eric and I can't thank him enough for the help. I picked up this WS II gold kit from WC on my way home. Comments welcome. So I am pretty much posting Eric's work here.

horsehairpen.jpg horsehairpen-1.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Buzzzz4

It was an interesting experience and I ended up with some nasty globs of hair stuck to my fingers. I now know what I would do differently, but I think this method turned out a much nicer looking pen. All hair would not have looked very nice, and I chose American Chestnut as it seemed like the right thing to put with horse hair. Thanks for the opportunity! I just lightened and sharpened your pic to see if that would help.

Attachments

• horsehairpen-1.jpg
    horsehairpen-1.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:

ghostrider

I remember hearing about that one. Wish I could have seen it in person as these types of things always look better that way.

As it is, it still looks very good.

Passion for one's art tends to bring out the best in people.

Top Bottom