Thanks Anthony

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Old Griz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Tony was kind enough to cast 2 rattlesnake blanks for me... unfortunately the skins I sent him were old dry and brittle (kind of like me) and he was not sure how they would come out...

BTW, Tony does not do this normally... the original deal was a trade for half of the skins in exchange for the blanks.. but the skins were not suitable... but he did two for me anyway..
Again thanks Tony... here is how one of them came out.. this is the blank that Tony thought was going to be the worst. I have no complaints

Showing 2 pictures of the same pen - opposite sides</u>
200596202043_RattlerLside.jpg

20059620212_RattlerRside.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mick

Fantastic pen Tom, Great looking as always! I've made a couple of Cigar "Rattlers" but Connie keeps telling me that she doesn't think a Baron would sell....Maybe you could convince her she's wrong?.....lol I wanna make one [:D]

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Mick, me convince your wife.... you have to be kidding, I can't convince my own wife half the time...
Just do what I do... make the pen when she is not looking... then it is done and the worst that happens is you take a beating... [}:)]

Actually, I expect the rattlesnake Baron to sell better than a cigar.. but time will tell..

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Griz,

Do you know how you will price it? I have had one for two shows at $135 for Baron, $85 for Cigar-neither has sold-lots of conversation, NO sales.

Maybe this will be of some help. (Both shows in Indiana)

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Ed, I was thinking about $100. I have no problem getting close to that for my real nice wood ones.. so I am hoping...

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Please keep me advised.

I really won't go below $85, but I THOUGHT that one would sell pretty quickly.

(But then, NOTHING has been selling over $20!!!!!)

mick

Ed, I've sold one Rattler Cigar and got $60.00 for it ...I don't think the guy would have paid more but different areas...different prices if you know what I mean. A Baron I would have to get $100.00 for just like Tom.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Thanks for the feedback!

I'll try for another 2 shows, then decide what is the next price level to attempt or if I am willing to just carry them along to make my other pens look more "affordable".[:)]

PenWorks

Boy Tom, you work fast, I thought you said they came in today's mail ! If I would have known they would come out so good, I would have charged you [:D]

Ed, I sell my Jr. Sts & Statesmen rattlesnake pens for 125-150 and have no problem getting that.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Originally posted by PenWorks
<br />Boy Tom, you work fast, I thought you said they came in today's mail ! If I would have known they would come out so good, I would have charged you [:D]

Ed, I sell my Jr. Sts & Statesmen rattlesnake pens for 125-150 and have no problem getting that.
And I would have promised to pay you... you probably would get the check in the same time it took to get the blanks... [:p][:p][:p]

One of the nice things about having the little one in full day school this year is that I actually have time to do stuff I want to do... she of off at 7AM and back at 3PM... the only thing I am forbidden to do is go to the BORG or wood stores alone... [V][V]

Ron Mc

Billy,
I've been thinking about the round up for awhile now. Do you already work it with Rattlesnake pens?
Great looking pen Griz. I've seen several of these but unfortunately I have yet to make one.
Someday,

alamocdc

Ron, I haven't done a snake skin pen yet, but I spent my first two years of HS in Sweetwater and have been to the roundup many times. I was going to send a family member to get me some snake skin. [:D] I used to kill, skin and tan them myself while in HS, but the last one I tried to tan spoiled on me. I figured I'd just buy them at the roundup. They should be cheaper there.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Billy, I hope you also ate them... Breaded and fried Rattlesnake is yummy...
BTW, let me know what the prices are for skins... I might be interested myself...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom