Thank you Steve!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from VisExp

VisExp

I was gifted this blank by Steve (Akbar) a couple of weeks ago. (I think he sent it to torment me :wink: He has been encouraging me to figure out how to make the 360 herring bone)

I was hoping that having the blank in hand would help me figure it out, but it was turned round and the ends were cut, so it really wasn't much help. It did however serve to motivate me tremendously and I decided that I wouldn't turn Steve's blank until I knew how to build my own.

Steve's blank was 7/8" diameter so I decided to take advantage of that and put it on a full size Statesman. The blank I am building is still a work in progress, but is coming along nicely. :biggrin:

Thanks again Steve!

Attachments

• S-FP-RG-0001.jpg
    S-FP-RG-0001.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 272
  • S-FP-RG-0001-2.jpg
    S-FP-RG-0001-2.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 248
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Wow!!:eek: That IS nice!!!. Great work by both of you:cool:
In the thumbnail, I was put off by the Bloodwood ( ? ) but in the big pic I think it works perfectly. :biggrin:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Great job on this one Keith . Good selection of hardware . Steve showed me a blank he had started when we were down there . I couldn't quite figure it out . Maybe someday I will . That's a beautiful pen .

glycerine

Looks good! Doesn't it make you want to figure out the 360HB? I myself am working on the 720HB :) Maybe soon enough I'll be like the great Tony Hawk and do a 900!

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Nice work Keith, you did a good job with that blank, and dad, you did good too.
I like the part about it being turned round and the ends where cut.....LOL I even go so far as to predrill them too.

glycerine

Nice work Keith, you did a good job with that blank, and dad, you did good too.
I like the part about it being turned round and the ends where cut.....LOL I even go so far as to predrill them too.

Ha ha! You guys go through alot of trouble to keep it a secret.

jyreene

Keith, if anyone can figure it out I'm sure you can. I can't wait to actually have my own shop (which means getting the hell out of West Texas) to try it on my own, of course with a new born (2 days to do until induction) and a long deployment on the horizon it will probably have to be put on the left back burner.

Top Bottom