Thank You Smitty!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mark james

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I attended the MPG and came home with some great door prizes/donations...

This is my first thank you to those who were very generous!

A Titanium gold/Black Chrome Le Roi. Donated by Smitty! THANK YOU.

The blank I casted for a friend from our local AAW Chapter who did a demo on casting Alumilite (A "younger" member...25'ish.) he did a nice job but... (Hope I won't offend anyone), Pen Turners have Casting down!!! Bowl Turners (George Watkins, and others don't count - they are Masters!), are very behind the curve.

I guess it may be because pen turners have been making their own blanks for ages, and traditional woodturners use mostly wood. This is NO criticism - just my observation.

Thank you for your donation Smitty!

Attachments

• IMG_0773.jpg
    IMG_0773.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0774.jpg
    IMG_0774.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_0776.jpg
    IMG_0776.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 184
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
You're more than welcome...nice job on the pen too.

A confession... I had not bought kits from Smitty before.

This kit was great! I will be buying these!

NOT an Advertisement... An Observation/opinion!. The mechanisms felt better than typical! The fit was good. (My opinion only).

Mark

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam

NOT an Advertisement... An Observation/opinion!. The mechanisms felt better than typical! The fit was good. (My opinion only).

Mark
God will get you for that..:biggrin:

Seriously, as the old saying goes, join the crowd. There are around 16000 members here, the vast majority of which have never bought from Smitty - and never wil (I couldn't handle it if they did).

My donations are to help make attendance at such gatherings better and there is nothing asked and nothing owed by the winners but you will certainly make me happy if you do visit.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
The donation was nice... The kit was wonderful... And yes, a visit/order is merited from what I see for quality!

Be well!

Mark

Mark
God will get you for that..:biggrin:

Seriously, as the old saying goes, join the crowd. There are around 16000 members here, the vast majority of which have never bought from Smitty - and never wil (I couldn't handle it if they did).

My donations are to help make attendance at such gatherings better and there is nothing asked and nothing owed by the winners but you will certainly make me happy if you do visit.

Top Bottom