Thank you, Roy and Robert

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from DCBluesman

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Gator jawbone and African blackwood. Thanks to snowman56 and Oklahoman.

attachment.php

Thanks to all who look, particularly to those who offer comments or suggestions.

Attachments

• _DSC0728.jpg
    _DSC0728.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 500
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodlvr

Looks great from here Lou. I wish that I would get up my nerve to turn the sets that I got from Robert.

JBCustomPens

Lou, that is a very nice pen. I think your photography is nice but I would use a lint-free soft rag to wipe down to pen before you shoot photos. They are very cheap, and give you pen a nice clean look. Just my opinion, hope it helps you.

David Keller

That's a beautiful pen... It's very distinguished looking.

I would have gone with something other than gold, but I'm a gold kit hater from way back.

OKLAHOMAN

Lou, that's a pretty 1/2 wood pen:biggrin:. Great Job on the Gator portion:wink: and the Rhodium/22K Jr. is perrrrrrfect for both.

bitshird

Lou I love it, it's one of the sharpest looking pens I've seen in several weeks, the materials and the Jr Statesman work well together, a beautiful pen indeed.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Lou, that is a very nice pen. I think your photography is nice but I would use a lint-free soft rag to wipe down to pen before you shoot photos. They are very cheap, and give you pen a nice clean look. Just my opinion, hope it helps you.
Excellent suggestion. I'll get to the store tonight on my way home.

Thanks to the rest of you for your supportive comments! And Bill, while I didn't wrestle the gator, it sure felt like I did! This stuff is harder than woodpecker lips!

wizard

That is one very unique and beautiful pen. Goes well with the Jr. Statesman kit. Great work !! Jaw bones are usually the most dense and hardest bones
in animals. I can imagine it was somewhat difficult to turn. Pen and finish look awesome.

Brooks803

I really like the look of that! What was used to fill in the bone portion? I have an old monitor and it's either that or the lighting used to take the picture makes the rhodium plating have a gold tint to it. Also, what type of tool did you use for turning the jaw bone? Carbide or HSS tools? Great job!

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
I really like the look of that! What was used to fill in the bone portion? I have an old monitor and it's either that or the lighting used to take the picture makes the rhodium plating have a gold tint to it. Also, what type of tool did you use for turning the jaw bone? Carbide or HSS tools? Great job!
The bone is filled with powder coat, then a few spots have some gold flour filling. I think the gold highlights on the rhodium are simply reflections, but being color-blind I'm not sure I see what others see. As for turning, I started with a bastard file, then switched to HSS for turning.

Thank you again for the generous comments and suggestions.

Top Bottom